The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:18 am 
Dude

I recorded some .wav files in another studio and i'm trying to get the uploaded onto my "G" but i constantly get this message error "change media oh i see". I've done everything by the book - Utility - Digital Record off press enter to On to disable - gone to the Track and CD import page. I plug the cd into ROM with the wav files and press " Read CD info " and i get this wonky message " Change Media " i see ". Hey is there anybody out there that can tell what i'm doing wrong..the cds that i'm using are all writables and showing the wav files on my screen prior to import..but won't upload.

Thanks mate..Johnny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:27 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
johnbwood wrote:
I recorded some .wav files in another studio and i'm trying to get the uploaded onto my "G" but i constantly get this message error "change media oh i see". I've done everything by the book - Utility - Digital Record off press enter to On to disable - gone to the Track and CD import page. I plug the cd into ROM with the wav files and press " Read CD info " and i get this wonky message " Change Media " i see ". Hey is there anybody out there that can tell what i'm doing wrong..the cds that i'm using are all writables and showing the wav files on my screen prior to import..but won't upload.

Thanks mate..Johnny

Not sure of the message you quote. I use a 1600, which utilizes a transport file system via USB, but the system the G uses is available on the 1600 too.

My manual give error message > brief explanation.

In my i600 manual it say No media >Media has not been inserted. ....

This means no disc, or a disc the machine won't read. the reader is sometimes particular about brands etc. ..no more info than this. When this message pops up it displays the smart alec "Oh .. I See".

There are also two messages in the manual that say Change media. they both say more though.

The first says Change Media, different Archive ID > The Media contains wrong backup file. Insert correct medium

The second says Change Media, Wrong Media Order > Please exchange Media The order of media volumes is incorrect.

Both these messages appear to refer to a set of backup discs made on the AW, for the purpose of restoration of a project. You are trying to import .wav files, but the machine perhaps perceives you want to restore a set of AW created backups. This is a bit strange because the restore dialog is accessed from a different menu than the one you say you were working with.

Restore is accessed through the CD button. CD import is accessed through the Track button.

I found a cd to which I had written .wav files. (data disc) My 1600 read the disc and gave me a screen where i could select the file wanted, and the destination. The same dialog would also read music (audio) cd as well.

So, I guess my best advice would be to make a new data cd with the .wavs on it and try again. If it doesn't work the second time, try a new brand of discs. the machine does not like some CD-RW disc, I know. So try a CD-R - they are cheap.

Last question - when you said the .wavs appeared on your screen prior to import, were you referring to seeing them on the PC or on the AW?

Let me know how this turns out, as I am interested in your problem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:54 am 
Dude

Byron wrote:
johnbwood wrote:

Thanks mate..Johnny

Not sure of the message you quote. I use a 1600, which utilizes a transport file system via USB, but the system the G uses is available on the 1600 too.

My manual give error message > brief explanation.

In my i600 manual it say No media >Media has not been inserted. ....

This means no disc, or a disc the machine won't read. the reader is sometimes particular about brands etc. ..no more info than this. When this message pops up it displays the smart alec "Oh .. I See".

There are also two messages in the manual that say Change media. they both say more though.

The first says Change Media, different Archive ID > The Media contains wrong backup file. Insert correct medium

The second says Change Media, Wrong Media Order > Please exchange Media The order of media volumes is incorrect.

Both these messages appear to refer to a set of backup discs made on the AW, for the purpose of restoration of a project. You are trying to import .wav files, but the machine perhaps perceives you want to restore a set of AW created backups. This is a bit strange because the restore dialog is accessed from a different menu than the one you say you were working with.

Restore is accessed through the CD button. CD import is accessed through the Track button.

I found a cd to which I had written .wav files. (data disc) My 1600 read the disc and gave me a screen where i could select the file wanted, and the destination. The same dialog would also read music (audio) cd as well.

So, I guess my best advice would be to make a new data cd with the .wavs on it and try again. If it doesn't work the second time, try a new brand of discs. the machine does not like some CD-RW disc, I know. So try a CD-R - they are cheap.

Last question - when you said the .wavs appeared on your screen prior to import, were you referring to seeing them on the PC or on the AW?

Let me know how this turns out, as I am interested in your problem.

Hey Byron..i think i figured it out..according to the manual you have to name the region files with caps eg. DRUMS - VOX - GTRS - BASS etc. It won't upload into the "G" unless the region files are named in capital letters. My error message says change media so maybe that's whats going on - change the media name to caps. I'm on a Pro Tools rig and i was exporting wav files from my computer ( hence being able to drag and drop onto my toast burner but they were named in lower case; i'm hoping now it's either iso or data format for the upload to be complete..thanks for the feedback..John

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:03 am 
Marker Magician

Hope that works for you, but I have named files with lower case before and the machine has dealt with it OK. I have read that caution before though. Lots of people get file into their AWs though, so I'm guessing you will find the solution.

I am going to stick with my "try a different CD" thought though.

Let us know when you get the problem licked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:16 pm 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Machine type: AW1600
Are you sure the WAV files are 16 bit? Also trying reading those WAV files into your PC and see if you can. Might be a bad "write" operation on the first CD. If you can read them, then write a new CD on the PC and try it again in the G.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49 pm 
Marker Magician

yes the bit depth is a suggestion I neglected to add. Been there/ done that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 pm 
Dude

HogTime wrote:
Are you sure the WAV files are 16 bit? Also trying reading those WAV files into your PC and see if you can. Might be a bad "write" operation on the first CD. If you can read them, then write a new CD on the PC and try it again in the G.

Yup i think you might have just hit the nail on the head and just help me figure it out. The tracks were recorded i think at 24bit in the studio so that would account for that..i'm running a mac and i id' one of the files..but it just says how many mb =D> there are in it and nothing about the bit rate..thanx..jw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:18 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
You can easily convert them to 16 bit using Audacity. Open the file, select the whole wav and export.

Look here (<- clicky) for more information. Instead of the 24 bit, you choose 16 bit obviously.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating