The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:19 pm 
Guitar Ho

Machine type: Other - please inform admin
What a fine day to be doing anything but working....

But working I am. Just two weeks before NiceStock and one week before the early arrivals. Good thing there's a deadline...otherwise nothing would get done and I'd be sitting by the pool drinking margaritas (is that how you spell it? I don't spell it, I drink it).

GREAT NEWS! My good friend Jilly...FABULOUSLY FAMOUS artist (and gorgeous too, kinda reminds me of Catherine Zeta-Jones)...is coming to NiceStock. And not only that, she's going to name AT LEAST one of her children after me (she's pregnant with sextuplets)!

All inside jokes aside, Jilly really is a great established artist in the Mediterranean (did I spell that right Jillers?), and she's incredibly brilliant. Check out some of her work at her Myspace site...you'll find her somewhere in my list talented friends...somewhere.

So, back to work. Gotta run to the hardware store for supplies, finish the massive door to the live room, and then cut down some more trees. Yeah! Power tools! MORE POWER!!

Update to today's entry...

I stand corrected. My good friend, wildly famous and talented, Jilly, has informed me that I totally misunderstood. It is not she that is pregnant with sextuplets, it is indeed her hamster. In either case, I had nothing to do with it.

So, mom, if you're reading this from the great beyond, you can stop worrying.

Nonetheless, Jilly informs me that all six will be named David to avoid any confusion. Works for me.

So, we got a new fridge today. It had to be one of the fastest transactions I have ever made here in France. Really, it was incredible. In and out in 3 hours. Nonetheless, we scratched the door on the way into the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:59 pm 
preset ho

eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:08 pm 
Guitar Ho

Jilly is a friend of mine who lives in Monaco. Really a great artist...oils, chalks, acrilycs. Too, she does stage...musicals. She's from Scotland and been living here for a number of years. Most of this is inside jokes between us. She'll be here on the first Sunday of NiceStock.

Anyway, if that's not your question, I've been doing a blog on Myspace. Lys, it's a great promotional and networking vehicle...even gotten some work out of it and have made friends with some incredibly talented people. You should really put up a site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:56 pm 
preset ho

Will I have some time to photograph Jilly?

And are there fields of corn nearby and do you have a portable aluminium step ladder?

A parasol or similar? Portable table and chair?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:01 pm 
Guitar Ho

Yeah, if she's willing...though I'd go easy on the corn cobs and step ladders thing. :shock:

No, these are the mountains...only farms are livestock.

Ladder, yes, table yes, umbrella yes but parasol no...you'll have to bring that lovely pink one of yours that you use to prance around in your tutu.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:07 pm 
preset ho

Sorry, not corn - but wheat fields? I don't mind taking a bus or a drive to get to some if need be.

I don't suppose you have a tripod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:18 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
I'm bringing my tripod anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:54 pm 
Guitar Ho

Yes, a tripod and a reflection parasol, good for sun or slaved flash.

Flatlander. These are mountains. M-O-U-N-T-A-I-N-S. No cornfields, no wheatfields, in fact no fields of any kind...least of which there'd be a bus to take ya there! "Next stop, Nothing."

Down in the valley there's mostly houses and olive groves. Over the mountain to the west of the gorge is another valley...really nice...I think they keep horses up there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:27 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Check out Google Earth.

Got a tunnel-free route by the way. Yippiee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:35 pm 
Guitar Ho

How many hours does it add to your trip ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:42 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

About half an hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:46 pm 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
Robbie wrote:
Check out Google Earth.

very cool program

Found Nice but didn't know where from there.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:54 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

I'll pm you the coordinates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:58 pm 
preset ho

Robbie wrote:
I'm bringing my tripod anyway.

Cheers! Will it accept a Manfrotto head?

DC - I'll need a tripod for more than fields you know ;) But, We'll find fields some place - France is huge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:00 am 
preset ho

DCinFrance wrote:
Yes, a tripod and a reflection parasol, good for sun or slaved flash... olive groves. Over the mountain to the west of the gorge is another valley...really nice...I think they keep horses up there.

Good stuff :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:07 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

I think so, yes. It's a Unomat sva 950 and googling for Manfrotto it sure looks like it. Is that good enough or are there systems that look alike, but are different?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:17 am 
preset ho

the screw fitting for head-tripod should be standard we'll sort something out ;)

Post subject: Latest entry....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:27 am 
Guitar Ho

Just one more week to go, and still not ready!!
Today's entry, the 30th of June, 2006 at Myspace blog...

Now, the most irritating news of the week.

I have a very good friend from Scotland...we'll call him Hairy Bawbag. So, Bawbag is cryin' that he's just a poor student and needs to sell a guitar. I already have a fine collection of instruments, but this was a "must have". Well, waaaaaay back in the beginning of March, I send him a fat check for a beautiful Les Paul Standard guitar.

Long story short, he sits on his ass and doesn't send it...and don't you know the excuses flow like water...oh, I gotta go to Glasgow to get a proper box to ship it in. Oh, I hurt my arm and I'm gonna need surgery. Oh, I got into a car accident on my way to Glasgow. On and on. So, he puts it off to the last minute. And in fact, his wife--gracious lady that she is--packs up the damn thing for the pathetic twit. STILL, he waits another week with a million and one excuses.

I call Bawbag last Thursday morning at 7am and ask, did you send it?! Of course not. "I'll send it Monday, Mate". No you're not. You're not going to send it Monday, or Tuesday, or anyday but today!!. Of course, he could have sent it weeks and weeks earlier while I had someone here to receive it, but no, it has to be sent to my business address. No, weeks and weeks ago there was not vacations and the shippers are staffed with temporary workers and students. No, weeks and weeks ago he wasn't about to leave for a tour of Paris and then on to NiceStock. No. He waits to the last minute--and even then would have waited longer if I wouldn't have beaten the snot out of him over the phone.

It's been one week since, and....no guitar. It's gone. Vanished into thin air. He calls the shipper and, oh, we'll launch our "International Investigative Team"...we'll get back to you in 24 hours. 24 hours go by, and their crack investigative team replies, "We don't know where it is...but for sure it's somewhere in England or France". Really. You know for a fact that it's not in ARGENTINA?! Damn right, some kid is sitting playing the thing in London!! Don't worry, Davey, says Bawbag. I had it insured...you'll get all your money back...in 90 days. GRRRRR....

And where is Bawbag now? On his way to Paris to dance the CanCan with the girls at the Moulin Rouge!! I'd say I'm gonna kill him, but if he EVEN utters the wrong word to me at NiceStock I just may...but that would make it premeditated murder, so, I never said that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:57 am 
preset ho

We'll disregard the fact that you couldn't kick my ass even with my current injury.

But, I do understand your frustration so there's little point in me bursting my arse trying to get the couriers to correct things as it's - clearly - only adding to your sense of injustice.

They will call me I'm sure and I'll pass on the details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:29 pm 
Guitar Ho

Friday, June 30, 2006

Gettin' down to the wire...

So the saga of the missing Les Paul continues. Hairy Bawbag informs me that they are confident that it left Scotland. Ah bon? I got that much info off the tracking on the Internet...it left Glasgow on the 23rd. This is their Crack International Tracking Team. Uh-huh.

On a more positive note, I've got a super guitarist booked for NiceStock. Bad news is, he has to drive clear across Scotland to get his flight as this late in the season, choses are few. But considering that I'm flying him in, I would hope the complaints are minimal.

Tomorrow, my German friends arrive; Heinz and family. He's got two daughters that are not only incredibly beautiful, but talented and intelligent as well. Must come from their mother. These girls can sing, and when they sing harmony together, it's like the clouds part and Jesus speaks. I can't wait to lay some tracks with these two. Of course they have accents when they speak, but when they sing in English, it disappears.

I've always thought that incredible. I remember when the Beatles came to America...I was sitting on the floor in front of Ed Sullivan. The girls were screamin', they were singin', and I pointed at the TV and said to my Dad..."I wanna do that!" I was maybe 6 at the time. Anyway, I was just floored when they spoke with that accent. Me, I sing in French and the French cringe just the same. Go figure.

So, as of tomorrow, we throw it in high gear. I've already informed Heinz that I'm putting him to work. "Huh?", he says today, "bbbbuuuutt, I'm on vacation". Yup. You want your girls recorded? You're gonna help me run cables. You want to watch the World Cup (like I give a damn), you're helping me put up the sat dish.

Meanwhile, we wait for the lost LP.