The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:15 am 
Dude

Favourite food: fish
Machine type: AW16G
Hello.
I have 2 G's linked together. Everything is working as it should when recording on the slave. Except when doing an autopunch-in on the slave, the instrument recorded at that starting point is late by a few milliseconds. Any way I can correct this?

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:41 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
look at the manual. there is a dial for making an adjustment I think, but it has been a while since i've link my machines. I will look at the manual after i take the dog for a walk!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:50 am 
Dude

Thanks Bryon. Already looked at the manual several times. Couldn't find anything relating to this issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:02 am 
Marker Magician

boogie47 wrote:
Thanks Bryon. Already looked at the manual several times. Couldn't find anything relating to this issue.

I read up on vari pitch allowing sampling frequency tuning. That is available on the G and the 2400 too. But i doubt it is you issue, unless it activated. A note in one of the manuals suggest Slave machines may be affected if the Vari pitch is enabled and adjusted on the master.

On the 2400 there is also a cascade function, allowing the digital in to go to the stereo bus, so for eg a mixer's inputs could be mixed along with the AW inputs. that is not available on the G it seems. Whe I earlier suggested about a dial, I believe it was this , not available on the G. Sorry for barking up the wrong tree.

but i will ask, how are you getting the audio from the slave to the master?? Via an analog foldback or though the optical digital available on the G? The 1600 and the 2400 have coax digital transfer, But the G is optical. If you are folding back via analog that could have something to do with a "latency" issue during a punch in. ???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:45 am 
Dude

Hi Byron,

The vari pitch is off.I have the master connected to the slave with a midi cable. I tried the digital optical cable and there excessive latency so I disconnected the optocal cable. Also, I connected tracks 3 and 4 from the master to the stereo inputs on the slave.

I assume there's no solution to this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:26 am 
Marker Magician

I am not sure of what is happening exactly to cause such as you describe with the punch in.

I am also not clear on
" tracks 3 and 4 from the master to the stereo inputs on the slave."

Do you actually mean the stereo output from the slave is going to the master machine 3/4 inputs??

Perhaps if the punch in is important you could unhook the midi for a while and accomplish the punchin on the machine that was the slave. then rehook the midi once that file is as you want it. Or move that file to the master. Or make the slave the master, if that works?? Grasping here!

Would it be related to the preroll time as set in utility preferences? The preroll can be adjusted. Maybe a very short preroll would alter the situation???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:50 am 
Dude

Hi Byron,

I apologize for the late reply.

Yes, the master machine is on 3/4 inputs to the the stereo output on the slave. That's a good idea of unhooking the midi cable and complete the auto punch-in.

I've tried manupulating the pre-roll time from 5 to down to one. It's somewhat better but not perfect.

At this point whatever I try to do it will not work. Even if I make the slave the master while recording the auto punch-in and put the machine back to slave it will have that millisecond short fall.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:12 pm 
Marker Magician

Well, that is a learning curve. I am sure you will find an appropriate work around. Hopefully we can hear the product of your efforts.

I intend to post a tune soon that has been some fun to bring together. Although not inspired by tik toc, it is a Sea Shanty. The local "Propeller Club" raises funds to support an historic lighthouse on an island just offshore from my community. covid has dug into their traditional fund raising events -- missed completely last year -- so they are doing a streaming event this year. They wanted video I think, but they are going to get audio from me. They will have to come up with some images for display, or perhaps roll the lyric so others can join in, as is the custom with a Sea Shanty!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:32 pm 
Dude

Thank you Byron