The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:10 am 
Dude

Favourite food: fish
Machine type: AW16G
Hello,

I'm aware that we can save EQ and dynamic settings through memory scenes in the G. However, I'm having a challenging time in trying to figure out how to save panning settings for each inidividual song. Presntly, if I save specific panning settings for 1 song and save the changes, and then load another song the same panning settings would apply.

So, would there be a solution on how I can save specific panning settings for each song??

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:50 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Yes, that seems to be correct. It's been a while, but when you recall a song, isn't there an option to bring the existing scenes with it?

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:11 pm 
Marker Magician

boogie47 wrote:
Hello,

if I save specific panning settings for 1 song and save the changes, and then load another song the same panning settings would apply.

So, would there be a solution on how I can save specific panning settings for each song??

Thank you

Panning settings will be saved along with your EQ and Dyn settings if you save them as a scene. Setting are not preserved, (within the song project) when you save a project before moving on to another project. When you load a project, ALL the settings from the previous project remain in place, UNTIL you change them either manually or you call up other settings that you (EARLIER) preserved in a SCENE.

So, BEFORE you move to the next project, save a scene. If you do that, then when you return to that project you can use that scene to call up previous settings. Pan settings are part of a scene's "snapshot" I do believe, as are EFF and Aux bus settings and assignments.

Saving a project preserves the recorded data, but not the physical setting of any kind, specific to that song -- volume levels, on/off, EQ, DYN, EFF assignment etc. ALWAYS create a scene when exiting a project and (good habit) as you are working, in case of a power interruption or perhaps in case you happen to get ahead of yourself and wish to return to a previous state.

There is a wrinkle with volume settings that emerges with scene changes. That is well documented in many threads on this site, but I will explain how that works if you are not aware of it. It is the screen display of fader levels (VIEW) that is the actual setting, not the physical position of the slider. Running the slider top to bottom , Bottom to top will cause the physical slider to "re-capture " control after a scene change. If you look at the Fader screen display ( using the VIEW button), some of the fader images may have a dark bar, either above or below the picture of the fader's slider. If this is so, then that fader is not being controlled by the slider, UNTIL you run the slider past the point the scene has assigned, ie up/down as previously described.

Good luck with your projects. Just ask when you run into a difficulty. Most are easily explained, but quite a roadblock looms sometimes when the machine is not behaving as you might expect. Once you learn a few idiosyncrasies it all makes sense. fortunately there are not too many of these and they do make sense once explained.

I see, as i write, that Ron offered a reply too. When you recall a song, all the scenes previously made, within that song, are recalled too. So that is when you use a scene you previously preserved to restore previous settings. As Ron suggests, -- when you CREATE a new song, there is an option to carry forward the scenes from the project you are leaving. that is sometimes useful if the next project will be substantially similar to the one you are leaving. You can also call up the scenes from any other project in the song list, but beware, as this recall will overwrite any scenes you may have already made in the current project.

Just in case you get the idea hoping to streamline your workflow, You can't make a scene that preserves input>>track assignments. Arming of input>track must be done in real time each time you want to do some tracking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:40 am 
Dude

Favourite food: fish
Machine type: AW16G
thank you all for this information. I thought that only EQ's and dynamics could be part of a scene.

Great! I will test this my projects:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:08 pm 
Marker Magician

one item I forgot to include, and I don't think it is mentioned in the manual, is re scenes and the stereo track. If you tweak the stereo track, those settings are not included in a scene. You may want to adjust aspects of a whole mix as you polish your work. So, if you happen to adjust the L/R pan of the stereo track, or perhaps attenuate the volume at either the head of the path or with the red fader at the end of the ST track's chain, or if you put DYN on the stereo bus >> Those setting are not included in a scene save, if my memory serves correctly. So you have to remember to return to default settings, (ie no tweaks) or else your next project will run through those tweaks, in spite of any scene you apply.