The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: HD Full Oh I see
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:49 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Curry
Machine type: AW1600
So two hours before I'm to go into a studio to mix my masterpieces and I get that message that my transport folder is full. I've put the transport folder into the trash, optimized my song, shut machine off, yelled at my cat, called the studio to cancel.....I've read the posts on this but was wondering if anyone had a new, quick fix. Thanks

Post subject: Re: HD Full Oh I see
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:51 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Did you empty the trash?

rz-land

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:23 am 
Dude

Yes. The problem seems to be that the AW1600 thinks the transport folder is full when it is empty.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 am 
Dude

Yes. The problem seems to be that the AW1600 thinks the transport folder is full when it is empty.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:34 am 
Marker Magician

any luck. ?? I thinks a reformat would restore the capacity. If you are woring on a major project you should have back ups. If you don't, do so now. Copy both song folders containing all the projects to your computer via Usb. Will take a while. Then reformat. DO NOT change any file names. Do a search of the forum for transprt folder full and you will get to a few threads discussing this issue. I try to keep my transport folder empty now, as best i can.

How big are the files you are sending to the transport?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:40 am 
Marker Magician

Here is a copy of a message from a thread you will get to if you do the search suggested . May be of help ???

Also - when you connect via USB the single drive on an AW1600 displays as 2 drives on your PC. I think the location of that SYS.BIN file is crucial. In the past I've solved any capacity issues by moving the various folders between the AW1600-1 and AW1600-2 portions of the drive figuring "it's all one HD, it won't make any difference" but I suspect it does.
The manual shows a file map for where things get stored and it shows that SYS.BIN file in AW1600-1 and I think moving that around between the 2 portions of the drive means the device can't find it to get a report on how full the drives are so it defaults to it's last known status of "Full".
If it happened again I'd try immediately backing up any projects not in use and removing from the AW1600 HD and then ensuring AW1600-1 drive contains Song1 and SYS.BIN and AW1600-2 contains Song2, Lib and Transport. I reckon that'd sort it.

Keep us posted. good luck. Reformat should do it if all else fails

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 pm 
Dude

Thanks for info. Song folders backed up. Just trying to get up the nerve to hit the reformat button.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:58 pm 
Marker Magician

I have had only good experience with reformat. I have had the issue you are experiencing on a couple of occasions and i do think a reformat was used to get back in working order. have you ever restored a project to the AW?

Just drag drop the project from you archive into one of the song folders and it should be there. If it says the file is corrupt the file names may have been messed with. this does not happen randomly though. It is user related. So DO NOT mess with file names. they are length/case/special character sensitive. The naming protocol is outlined somewhere in the manual, but no need to look it up. Just don't mess with names of projects as assigned, or any file contained within.

Good luck with your project. Have you posted any samples yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:07 am 
Dude

So, I've wiped the HD, and I put a song back on. I even had success sending it to the transport folder. The one problem is the final guitar solo that I recorded is not showing up. I can hear it on my desktop on the file I copied over at the start of the process. But when I put the song back in the AW, it is the only thing not transferring. Any thoughts? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:07 am 
Dude

So, I've wiped the HD, and I put a song back on. I even had success sending it to the transport folder. The one problem is the final guitar solo that I recorded is not showing up. I can hear it on my desktop on the file I copied over at the start of the process. But when I put the song back in the AW, it is the only thing not transferring. Any thoughts? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:28 pm 
Marker Magician

VinceJunior wrote:

My one thought is that the version coming from the archive never had that solo properly saved within??

It is unclear to me though how you are able to hear it on your desktop. Are you finding that solo within the .AWS folder ( it would be a numbered file and would be hunt and peck to actually find that take) OR perhaps you extracted the wavs through the transport folder before you actually archived the project. ???

You say that the transport is working now. Good, as i expected. Please clarify how you put your song back on the 1600. Did you place an .AWS (project) file into a song folder, or did you create a new song (project) into which you imported your wavs through the transport. the first option would have maintained your mix and processing. the second option would require you to start the mix from scratch.

If one track can't be heard there are a few reasons that might be overlooked. Check the mute status of the track on the monitor screen. as you arm tracks for recording, other tracks do get muted.

There is a "gremlin" type of situation where a track seems to be missing when it is known to be there. I have not experienced that for some years now though. when it has happened in the past it has been thought to relate to editing points that "confuse" the machine. I have had tracks that "disappear" during a playback from 0:00, but then "reappear" if the playback is stopped and restarted (from the stop position, not back to 0:00) during the space when they should be there. This is another place where the Merge utility may be of use, amalgamating bits and pieces on one track into a continuous track.

Keep us posted as to your findings. If you are able to hear it on your desktop and it is missing from the de-archived there will be opportunity to re-import it through the transport from desktop >> AW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 pm 
Dude

Thanks. You are getting a credit on this CD! The transport is back to saying it is full. Not sure what is going on there. I'll try what you mentioned. there are two types of files, if I'm to understand...aws and wave files. The ones I want to import are the aws files, correct? I believe that is what I did, but I'll recheck that. Thanks for clarifying.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:04 am 
Marker Magician

If you look in the song folders while USB connected there will be projects there, in folders. Name.AWS. These folders can be saved to a computer. So now they are "backed up". At a later time, perhaps after a reformat, those .AWS folders can be placed back into the Song folders, restoring the song to the machine. with all the setting intact I have done it dozens of times.

When you open one of those .AWS folders there are( perhaps) many numbered files in there, plus a few other files. Your Wav files ie the ones you want, will be in there somewhere but so are all the out takes overdubs etc. No use looking in there for any thing, and don't mess with file names in there either.

If you want just the wavs of the current tracks you can do an export of just those wavs, through the transport folder. Specify a single file or portion thereof or request ALL in which case a folder will be created in the transport containing all the current virtual track assignments.

How big is the file(s) you are trying to get out through the transport ( i assume that is what you are trying). the transport has a limit 2Gb or less I think. Would the files you are trying to export be long continuous files, or are they more of the single song length description. Having done a few choral concerts i have run into space limits when i clutter the transport with long files.

did you run into problem immediately or was it after some success following the reformat? Describe the size of the files you placed in the transport (how many track, how long in minutes/track etc. that would help me appreciate what you are trying to do while encountering these obstacles.