The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:51 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

Favourite food: Vegan Pizza
Machine type: AW4416
Hey Yamaha Loving Community, please help.
I have an acquired TBI (brain injury). Before I was injured, I played multiple instruments and did production gigs with various media groups and a few small studios.
Now, my knowledge base varies, randomly.
I got the AW4416 after I was injured, because compositions came to me so frequently, but now, I'm in a different place with my challenges and finances.
I had to look online a couple of weeks ago just to remember how to turn the unit on. And, I am completely at a loss as to how to pull my tracks from the unit, which I recorded either all or mostly in mono.

Lastly, it's not helping to have an exceptional piece of equipment around that I can only frustrate myself with, right now, and, I would like it to be in the hands of someone who can make more productive use of it than I can.

I am working to regain my proficiencies in a number of different areas now, and I'm paying for it out of pocket.
So, as a practical matter, pulling the tracks, and "re-homing" my AW4416 makes the most sense.

Any guidance you can lend on anything mentioned will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Robin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:15 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Hello Robin,
Welcome to the forum. Very sorry to hear about your injury. I know all too well about brain related injuries, so I understand. Not knowing the extent, I can't tell you how much of your amazing talent will return. But I can tell you in the case of our oldest son, it took him a couple of years, but he is, I'd say, 95%. His right arm doesn't work well so he had to give up the drums. But otherwise, he is fine. I hope you recover fast.

Now as to your 4416, not having the unit, I can't be of assistance. However, there are several here who do own the unit and should be able to help you sort it all out. Because Yamaha has done away with their standalone DAW units, fewer and fewer people frequent these halls. But soon enough someone will be by to help.

Hang in there!
Ron

rz-land

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Once you have your tracks archived, what are you hoping to do with them?

You will be transferring your tracks to a CD, as WAV files. I would have to read the manual to help you get the specifics right, but if that is what you want to do I would be willing to give you a step by step, as i read through the manual.

There are a couple of 4416 users who frequent this forum, so perhaps they will jump in.