The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:54 pm 
Tenderfoot

Machine type: AW16G
Hello everybody in AW16G land!

It has been a very long time since i have been active on the forum. But i am getting back into recording after a significant break, and wanted to reconnect here. I have never forgotten how much kindness and support i was shown by the members of this group, and i want to express my gratitude for that. So thanks to all of you who knew me from before and helped out so generously! And hello to all of you who have joined on since that time.

My recording device of choice is still the good ole AW16G! And i have recently fired it back up and am attempting to shake the dust and rust off of it, and myself. I look forward to checking in here occasionally and communing with you guys and gals. And yes, i may be asking a few questions - so consider yourself forewarned.

I am especially appreciative to Robbie for keeping this place alive and kicking. This really is the best online community I have ever visited.

Best wishes to you all,
Kester

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:05 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Hello Kester!! So glad to see you back and recording once again. It may take a few moments to reconnect with your G, but it’s like riding a bike. The forum isn’t very active these days, but there are still some of us who like to check in from time to time. I still like to visit every day just to see if anyone posted. The new folks who stop by have acquired a Yammie and have questions. We are here to help when we can.

Welcome back!
Ron

rz-land

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm 
Tenderfoot

Hey Ron, Great to hear from you! Hope you are still having fun with your music adventures, and that life has been treating you well. So nice to re-connect. Feels good to be back. Take good care and keep on rockin'!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:25 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Kester!! :love2:

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:39 pm 
Tenderfoot

Robbie!! Great to see you here! Look forward to re connecting. Thanks for everything!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:43 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Hello Kester, and welcome back.

I've not been around much lately, but am going to start checking in more often. I've been using my old G more lately and have had to relearn a few things myself. :)

Do I recall that you are a drummer/percussionist? I got a decent Roland e-kit almost three years ago and have been on that learning path to realize my lifelong dream of being a self-contained operation - drums were my last box to fill.

The manual still sucks... :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:55 am 
Tenderfoot

Hey JM! Great to hear from you. That's very exciting about your drums! Good for you! I am still doing the crazy dance of recording acoustic drums. Started getting some pretty good results but then life took me elsewhere, so now i am re-configuring everything. Maybe we can swap some ideas and help each other out as we get back to recording. Look forward to reconnecting here. Keep on rockin!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:03 am 
Tenderfoot

Hey! I have been meaning to check back in for some time now. Really hope to make this a more regular stop. Been busy getting my recording stuff up and running again. So many cables! How do you guys share you music with each other these days?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:06 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
kester wrote:
Hey! I have been meaning to check back in for some time now. Really hope to make this a more regular stop. Been busy getting my recording stuff up and running again. So many cables! How do you guys share you music with each other these days?

Hi Kester,
Glad you stopped by. As for music, there are a couple of ways. You can put your music up on a site like Soundcloud. That's easy. Just setup up an account and upload songs from your computer. Then there is a way to upload songs directly from your computer here, but I don't know that secret. Others will be by to explain.

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 am 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Hi Kester. I've never used it, but Ron is talking about the "File Exchange" section under "Collabs" further down the menu. Looks like there are instructions there for attaching a file to your post directly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:48 am 
Marker Magician

yes the file exchange under collab section works well. The item you post will be automatically deleted 30 days after it is last accessed. So, if you want to keep something there, it has to be opened by someone, perhaps yourself, at least every 30 days. This works well for direct communication, member to member. there is no place on the site to browse what has been put there over the years though. Ron's suggestion to use a site designed for sharing, and then post a link here in regular message is good. that link will remain with the thread ( ie not deleted after 30 days as in File Sharing section. Still it is not a central repository. Has not been a collab project in some years now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:47 pm 
Tenderfoot

Thanks guys! I have actually been thinking about setting up a Soundcloud page. And i will check out the collab section here. That sounds really cool. Was mostly curious about what the popular consensus is these days. I actually have a few songs posted on my own website - but it's funny that even websites seem kind of "old fashioned" these days. In any case if you would like to take a listen - you can go to http://www.rhythmorphosis.com/listen.html Most of those songs were recorded after me taking my "leave of absence" from the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
We still have the web player: http://www.dijonstock.com/index.php?page=web-mp3

You can upload a file so it appears in the list.

Some time ago I announced a cleanup of the site but I think I'll leave the web player as it is for another year or so.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 am 
Marker Magician

I thought it was gone. So that is another option!!