The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Curry
Machine type: AW1600
I hope someone has some info on this. Here's the situation: I want to switch the pad sound on a certain rhythm on pad 3, from sound "A" to sound "B". I put the cursor on the A, and use the wheel and it switches to B. I push Pad 3, and it plays the sound of B. All good. Then, when I go to Grid recording, and push pad 3, hit execute, it will only play sound A. I can't get it to keep playing sound B. It's like it defaults to A in Grid. Sometimes it will work, but I can't keep the sound of B on the Grid. Please advise. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:58 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Greetings and happy new year. I'm not familiar with the pads. However, there are a few here that should be able to help. Hopefully they'll be by shortly.

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 am 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: home made tortillas
Machine type: AW4416
hi vince,
welcome to the forum ...
i have not had much luck with the pads on my machine ... they seemed to work well on the demo song but i could never get them to operate the way i needed ...
someone else will soon chime in with the proper info ...
mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:36 pm 
Marker Magician

I will look at your situation when next at the desk. I have used Pads and Grid often, but it has been some time since I did.

Stand by to stand by.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 am 
Marker Magician

I looked at the pads and discovered that the pads "layer" selection (A,B,C,D) are part of the .AWS file, in that when you call up a song project the Pads will reassume the settings as they last were when the song was last saved. They are different from other settings, such as DYN EQ etc, which linger from the previous project and need be recalled from a scene to be restored.

I will do another test to reacquaint myself with how the pads act if there is a scene recall.

Stand by to stand by.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:34 am 
Marker Magician

What I said in the last post is true - pad settings are saved with the song and will return to as last saved within the song.

But also, a scene will reset pads too, when called up via the Tempo map. so maybe you need to specify a scene ???

Are you using the Tempo map (Song button) or >>> the Pad Edit screens via the EDIT button, next to the Pads themselves, to switch your Pad selection?

I will next integrate the Grid into the next bench test. I will have to load some loops into the machine, as I previously trashed the default banks there.

I have used the grid to "fly in" loops into mixes. Very handy for some types of projects.

If you want to PM me I can go over details and procedures that other readers may be less interested in. Or we can continue here, if you're still watching.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Curry
Machine type: AW1600
Thanks so much. I'll give that a try.