The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:17 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: overmuramovingcake
I already wrote this as response in another thread, but I think it deserves a special topic:

For complete diagnose of G first connect pedal (momentary ON type like FC-5), MIDI cable (connect MIDI IN to MIDI OUT) and optical cable (connect IN to OUT). Some of these tests will work even without cables...
Press Utility + Track 4 buttons at the same time, and then power ON. When you see bios version page you can release buttons.
Now you will see a list of tests which you can operate with Enter or Cancel buttons (+ follow directions which button to press).

[edit: stickified]

edit II: 1600 included, also in subject

For 1600 Diagnostic test there's little difference:
Press Utility + Track 6 keys at the same time, and then power ON.
Here you need coax spdif cables (no optical on 1600).
If you want to test USB too, you need to connect it to PC with USB 2.0 port and Win XP.

You probably don't need cables to test inside hardware only, but I never tried this.
Also: you are doing this on your own risk :!:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:08 pm 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Machine type: AW1600
Great info! Never heard about that before. You must have worked for Yamaha or knew someone that did. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:15 pm 
Tinhorn

Hehe... No, I never worked directly for Yamaha, but years ago I used to work as instructor on similar machines. However, I found this "by accident" years ago... never used it... I thought I lost it... until now, when I finally found it in my PC.

HogTime, can you confirm this test procedure also works for AW1600?

For users of other models (AW2400, AW4416, AW2816...): please try it and confirm if it works there too. Thanks!

dejan wrote:
For complete diagnose of G first connect pedal (momentary ON type like FC-5), MIDI cable (connect MIDI IN to MIDI OUT) and optical cable (connect IN to OUT). Some of these tests will work even without cables...
Press Utility + Track 4 buttons at the same time, and then power ON. When you see bios version page you can release buttons.
Now you will see a list of tests which you can operate with Enter or Cancel buttons (+ follow directions which button to press).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:24 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
dejan wrote:
Hehe... No, I never worked directly for Yamaha, however, I found this "by accident" years ago...

So, one day you decided to connect a foot pedal, a MIDI cable and an optical cable. Then you decided to press Utility + Track 4 buttons at the same time, and then power ON and found the list of tests? I'm lucky if I remember where the on button is! :shock:

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:23 pm 
Tinhorn

RZ wrote:
dejan wrote:
Hehe... No, I never worked directly for Yamaha, however, I found this "by accident" years ago...

So, one day you decided to connect a foot pedal, a MIDI cable and an optical cable. Then you decided to press Utility + Track 4 buttons at the same time, and then power ON and found the list of tests? I'm lucky if I remember where the on button is! :shock:

Yes, lots of combinations I know... Also took me another week when I found out that pedal type was wrong... :lol: :D
OR
do you think I should write "I found this info by accident on Internet years ago"...? :wink:

BTW-Did you try this test on 2400?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:42 pm 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

dejan wrote:
HogTime, can you confirm this test procedure also works for AW1600?

Yes, the diagnostics screen comes up on the AW1600, too. However, I can't cursor past #4-LED. The items below that all have an extra "dash" in front of them, compared to #1 to #4. Test #4-LED did work.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:30 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
dejan wrote:
RZ wrote:
dejan wrote:

Yes, lots of combinations I know... Also took me another week when I found out that pedal type was wrong... :lol: :D
OR
do you think I should write "I found this info by accident on Internet years ago"...? :wink:

I don't have the foot pedal, I don't have the optical cable nor do I have the balls to do that test.

rz-land

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:12 pm 
No More Coasters!

RZ wrote:
dejan wrote:
RZ wrote:
dejan wrote:

OR

I don't have the foot pedal, I don't have the optical cable nor do I have the balls to do that test.

I have everything I need to do it......and I'm still to scared to try!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:38 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
utah wrote:

I have everything I need to do it......and I'm still to scared to try!

Just do it. If you mess up, press the "undo" button. :)

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:09 am 
Tinhorn

dejan wrote:

For 1600 Diagnostic test there's little difference:
Press Utility + Track 6 keys at the same time, and then power ON.
Here you need coax spdif cables (no optical on 1600).
If you want to test USB too, you need to connect it to PC with USB 2.0 port and Win XP.

You probably don't need cables to test inside hardware only, but I never tried this.
Also: you are doing this on your own risk :!: