The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:03 pm 
Greenhorn

Machine type: AW16G
Hello everyone.
I finally took the covers off my AW16G tonight (not before time). First time in about three years.
Where does all that dust come from???????
My set up is really crap, old Peavey PA speakers powered by an even older radio cassette machine.
(I know, ridiculous). I couldn’t even get the thing working properly, and I even got some radio station on them as I was trying to work out how to use this thing again. I tried my cheap headphones and I found some songs that I had forgotten about. One song for my son that I would like to finish. Anyway, the dust is off and I would like to get my arse in gear again.
Here’s the thing. I’ve been looking at active monitor speakers. My budget is not too big, and I saw a few on a website from “Thomann”. I get a quarterly from that company and I would like a wee bit of advice. ( not on the company, on active speakers).
I checked out on the old internet a review of Behringer MS40 ( 129 euro, pair) , not a good review.
Better review on ESI nEar05 (169 euro pair). An even better review of M- Audio BX5 D2 (177 euro pair). The only thing they said about these was that they need two plugs.
Now I have to tell you that I am useless with machines and cables. Give me an instrument and I will get a tune out of it. So I would love some advice from you on active speakers in my price range.
Thanks all, and best wishes to everyone.
Cheers. Dave.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:48 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
I would do some research and look for deals on the KRK - Rokit 5 G2 5" 45W 2-Way Studio Monitor Speaker. I have the 8's and while I'm not the best at mixing, compared to other monitors I've used, these seem to work for me. I've read revues on these 5's and for the most part they give a good mix, if not maybe showing a little more bottom. But that may also be the mixing person. In any event, they are a bit over your budget full retail, but I'm sure you can strike up a deal with some company. I know I didn't pay near retail for mine or I wouldn't have bought them.

rz-land

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:38 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Hi Dave! :wave:

I have Behringer Truth monitors and I'm very happy with them. Maybe this is something for you.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 pm 
Greenhorn

Hello Robbie and RZ. Thanks for your answers but I have just logged on, to find info for my monitor question, and have been pissed off by this Stevestarks absolute nonsense.
Another "person" who thinks it is fun to fuck up forums.
I'm out of here until that shit is gone.
I've had enough problems with computer dafties.
Hopefully I can have an adult conversation soon with the good people from this community.
Down with the dafties!!!!
Best wishes. Dave.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 pm 
Ranch Hand

Machine type: AW4416
I`m using Alesis M1 MK11 Actives and they are excellent quality for the money, which I`m not sure how much is being asked for them now, but they`ll be a helluva lot cheaper than when I got them.
If you got cash on the hip it`s amazing how much you can barter down the price of anything.
Good luck in your search.

T.

https://tmacmusic12.wixsite.com/tmac

http://www.soundcloud.com/t-mac-12

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCjAzN ... ture=watch

https://www.reverbnation.com/tmac