The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Machine type: AW16G
Good enough for me. Best of luck.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:10 pm 
Forum Poet

Favourite food: fresh
nice "before" picture
before you actually get to work that is.

i have that beatles poster too - so you must be cool.... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:07 pm 
Spacemonkey & Superstar

Favourite food: Marmite/beans/toast
hmm - makes my shed look essentially very much like a shed...

Looks like a great room to do recordy stuff in -

Richard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:30 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Thanks richard. I hope it bcomes a creative haven.

Now I'm being told that no false wall will do. I must move the desk to the short wall for best monitoring.

And I really liked my layout. Oh well. Here we go again.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:59 pm 

As I mentioned above, it was recommended that I move the monitors to a flat wall in order to get the best response from my monitors. I moved the desk space and rearranged my panels even though the corners aren't genuine bass traps, but will do for the time being. Thanks to Black Friday at Guitar Center (and a lot of negotiations), I mananged to snatch a pair of KRK monitors for next to nuttin. Went to Hancock Fabrics and bought some cheap black material to hide most of the cables behind the desk.

Already enjoying the room and have begun a new project. Is there a way to connect the M Audio monitors to the 2400 as well? Would be nice to have a reference.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:18 pm 
Marker Magician

The 2400 has monitor outs, with a separate volume control. Not sure if it has a stereo out too, not at my machine right now. It does have 4 omni outs though. the stereo bus can be routed to a pair of these. this signal could feed your second set of monitors. Could also come out of the phones jack too, through a Y patch cable. this would give you a volume control on deck.

Post subject: Looking Good!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:31 pm 
The General

Ron,

Your new room looks great!

Why not buy some OC 703, wrap it in fabric and you'll have instant broadband absorbers? It won't be pure bass trapping but would kill some of the troublesome frequencies in your room.

I have the last week of the year off and I've promised myself that (with my neighbors help), I will start and complete my broadband absorbers.

Did the rearrangement of the room (gear against the long wall) make a big difference in sound?

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:02 pm 
Mr. Blues

Favourite food: Sauerkraut ;-)
Hi Ron,

looks great and your room is so cleaned =D> .

You can use the monitor out and the headphone out to connect the monitors. Or you can do what Byron said, connect one pair of monitors to 2 of the the omni outs,l routing the stereo sum to the omni out. I have seen a mixer there, too. I have a Behringer UB2222 FX mixer, like Geno. I connect my AW to the mixer and use the Subgroups and the Mainfaders to connect the outputs to the different monitors. Volume control is with the mixer faders.

No need to buy new eqipment. You only have to search for the red record button (Tipp: it has a red led light and you can find it on the right lower side of your AW). :mrgreen:

Andreas

Post subject: Re: Looking Good!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 pm 

Bartman wrote:
Did the rearrangement of the room (gear against the long wall) make a big difference in sound? Gary

So far I can't really tell anything other than the sound difference in the new monitors. It's truly like night and day.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:08 pm 
Former Computer Geek

Favourite food: Pizza, E.Coast plz!!
Machine type: AW1600
RZ,
Don't be surprised if your mixes are a little off for a bit until you get used to their responses and the new layout!

-= Beer

I LOVE THIS!!! Ted Stevens, 82-year-old US Senator from Alaska and chairman of the Senate Committee on Science, Commerce and Transportation, for explaining in a speech how the Internet actually works: “It’s a series of tubes.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:31 pm 
Mr. Blues

Favourite food: Sauerkraut ;-)
Hi Ron,

Beerosaur wrote:
RZ,
Don't be surprised if your mixes are a little off for a bit until you get used to their responses and the new layout!

-= Beer

I think so, too. I own the KRKs since 3 month now. The KRKs are responding very good in the lower frequencies, so my experience was that my mixes are sounding good on Hifi-speakers if the bass sounds a little bit loud mixed on the KRKs.

Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:33 am 
Former Computer Geek

Favourite food: Pizza, E.Coast plz!!
Machine type: AW1600
yeah, it takes a while to get used to new speakers. Mine do the same thing. I have to mix in my studio where the bass is just there... if I make the bass thump really nice in the studio, the mix turns out bass heavy. So recently I've turned the bass response up on the monitors to adjust for this AND have the mixing board bass EQ up just a little bit. So now I hear the bass the way I like, but I don't mix too much in.

-= Beeroshack

I LOVE THIS!!! Ted Stevens, 82-year-old US Senator from Alaska and chairman of the Senate Committee on Science, Commerce and Transportation, for explaining in a speech how the Internet actually works: “It’s a series of tubes.”