The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

Machine type: AW2400
I've been looking for quite some time now; have had no luck! Geeze, how many cards did Waves make, about 300? Where the heck are they? I would very much like to buy your card with the Power Bundle...or, just lead me in the right direction. No commercial vendors are selling them, and I've had no luck on EBay or Craigslist. Can you help?

Salem, MA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:13 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hi Scootergal and welcome to the forum.

I know those cards are very hard to get. The only thing you can do is persevere in your search. They do pop up on ebay from time to time, but it may take quite a while.

I hope you'll find one.

r

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:30 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for your encouragement and your welcoming words! I'll keep my eye out; I've had my 2400 for several years, use it on a weekly basis, and couldn't afford the card at the time I purchased it. I'm willing to wait as long as I need to!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:50 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Greetings. It seems these cards are becoming extinct, much like the DAW line at Yamaha. Finding one will be, as Robbie said, an exercise in total patience. Scanning ebay a couple of times a day might be the best route. It might even come to having to buy an AW2400 unit with a Y96k card installed on ebay.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:01 pm 
Marker Magician

Yes, the last few, all I have seen are cards that have been included with a machine that is being sold as a package. I bought mine about two years ago from a vendor, but have since searched for one again ( to do a price point comparison), but found none to be available. Another user got a smoking deal from a vendor about six months ago and reported his luck here. Since then - no word on whereabouts of any others. Keep looking - I use mine all the time - and glad i bought when i did. Be aware that the earlier version - the y56k - is reportedly not compatible with the 2400. It did work with the 4416 and the 2816.

As for the Power bundle - that may yet be available from Waves - as it is a software download - but the power bundle was not part of the original card, as offered. Not sure of the price , but it is several hundred dollars more.

I imagine the bundle's utility would be fantastic, but the effectiveness of the plugins/hardware that come on board should not be underestimated either.