The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Excellent AW1600 ($300)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:00 pm 
City Slicker

My AW1600 (used just twice, since my previous listing of nearly a year ago) is up for sale again, and it is in the very same pristine condition as before. The unit can be seen at my other posting (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13030), though the gig bag is not being listed with it, this time

Selling price? $300 + shipping & insurance (Continental US only).

Nathan
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Hey Nate. Nice 2 c u again. How's it been going on? Sorry to see you selling the 1600, but there are several folks here that might be looking. Have you switched to computer based recording, stopped playing, or what?

Take care!

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:01 pm 
Marker Magician

I hope someone snaps this up - good deal I'd say!! I already own 2 machines, so not sure another is right for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:43 am 
City Slicker

RZ wrote:
Hey Nate. Nice 2 c u again. How's it been going on? Sorry to see you selling the 1600, but there are several folks here that might be looking. Have you switched to computer based recording, stopped playing, or what?

Take care!

Hey there Bud. How's it been with you? I have been doing well, and thanks for asking.

No, I haven't given up on creating music, but I never really did utilize my AW in the manner in which most of you have/are. I had always pulled a recorded stereo backing (done on my synth) into the AW, and just used that unit for getting my vocals down. On a number of occasions I did use it for remote recordings with a couple of groups but, for the greater part anyway, I was always going to the computer for finalization. There has no longer been a concern for remote applications of recording and, being that I was doing the bulk of my own stuff in the computer, my AW has been laying outside of duty for the longest time. So, rather than leaving it stored away, I figured that someone might be in use of such a unit - and give it life again.

I had once stood on the grounds of NEVER relying solely on computer-based recording, but have since been converted :). With my MotifXF7, Cubase4, Reason 5 and my Focusrite Sapphire6 USB interface tethered to my computer, I am having a blast getting my music down.

It is so good hearing from you, and I wish you (as well as everyone here) the very best.

Nathan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:15 am 
Marker Magician

Did you ever hook up the 1600 to act as a control surface for cubase? Just wondering how well that works.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:38 pm 
City Slicker

Byron wrote:
Did you ever hook up the 1600 to act as a control surface for cubase? Just wondering how well that works.

Never went that route. I love finalizing things in Cubase, but still prefer to do all of my music onboard my synth. So, what I am saying is that I use Cubase mainly for getting my vocals down. If my AW sells, I will use that money to pick up the Yamaha FW16e, which would allow me to get all of my X7's audio tracks into Cubase, in one pass. That, is the ability that I really wish to have.

Nathan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:18 am 
Dude

Favourite food: pizza
Machine type: AW16G
Has this recorder been sold yet, been awhile since this has been posted.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:52 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hello Rick, it might be a good idea to send him a pm.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating