The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:48 pm 
Adult.

Heh heh heh...I started a little get-together a couple years ago, and EVERY time it rained--Not a momentary cloudburst, but all-day miserable stuff...The guys have dubbed it RainJam, and adjust their schedules to not plan any outdoor activities during that weekend every summer...

I grill buffalo and venison burgers, serve beer, Patron (my only hard licquor vice), and lots of shade (or cover from the rain, I suppose)...

The original stage, smaller than I remember, getting wet, though my kids don't appear to care;

...And when the outlook got bleaker and bleaker (the forecast was for sun and warm--Figures), we moved into the garage, with the grill and festival goers seated outside;

There was a round-robin of musicians and musical styles, but we only had one bass player, who was also the cook, the bartender, the host, the busboy, etc...(I would be the cute little guy with the cuter Spector NS-2);

I have acres of thistle-strewn lawn to camp on, lakes all over the place to generate a good mosquito experience, and a couple of kids who can make the lousiest musician feel like a rock star...

...Oh, and a new neighbor this year: A pack of coyotes in the woods out back...

Anyone interested in a lovely, wet, musical and epicurian weekend in the great Lutheran Belt of Minnesota can contact me at their liesure. Hip boots may be necessary, but haven't been so far.... :^o

Eric

Last edited by stettoman on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm 
Poco fan

Machine type: AW16G
Isn't the mosquito the state bird in Minnesota?

http://www.beccaandchuck.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:41 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
I just love the gardening tools in the background. And what is that... a coffee maker manual? 8)

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:51 pm 
Adult.

Robbie wrote:
I just love the gardening tools in the background. And what is that... a coffee maker manual? 8)

Hey man, if I can do nuthin' else, I can grow shi---uh, stuff. I had broccoli heads the size of basketballs last year, and my tomatoes and spuds are becoming legendary around these parts. The Garden Weasle belongs to the wife... :lol:

That coffeemaker (Bunn) was one of the worst purchases I ever made. I'm looking for a good French press.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:21 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Looks like fun, Eric. Uh...what are those organic looking things hanging to the right of the coffee maker box?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:13 pm 
Adult.

JM wrote:
Looks like fun, Eric. Uh...what are those organic looking things hanging to the right of the coffee maker box?

Heh heh, those are sunflowers that I hung up to dry three years ago. Thanks for reminding me, I need to get those hung outside for the birds....

Eric

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:52 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Ah yes, I see it. Thanks. :D

The one time we grew sunflowers the dang squirrels ate them. Climbed the stalks until they toppled over and then had lunch. Never would've guessed a squirrel would be heavy enough to bring down a seven foot tall sunflower. :x