The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 pm 
City Slicker

I noticed that when I was touching the track 2 Fader that the signal seemed to go off, to very low audio sound , press the fader again and the signal would return. This gave an obvious lack of confidence in both recording and mixing. I then suspected it might me dirty contacts so I sprayed a little contact cleaner at the fader channel and slid the fader up and down quite a few times. Unfortunately no improvement. In theory this means all my songs now have a faulty track 2 (using the track 2 Fader).

I then figured that surely the original recorded data on track 2 for any of my songs must be still be on the hard drive, so basically what I have done is copy the data from track two and then inserted it on to another track and it works fine, obviously lucky that I have a spare track.

Anyway has anyone else had this problem, is it fixable locally or do I just persevere, the machine is about 13 years old so probably not cost effective for shop repair.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:20 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
I would suggest using the VIEW button to look at the screen showing FADERs. See if you can make any relation to how the picture displays in relation to the fader's behaviour. It is this picture that actually shows the fader configuration. If the fader image is dark above or below the actual placement shown, it means the real fader (slider) is not "engaged". sliding the slider fader up and down will cause it to engage and then dark portion of the fader's travel will disappear and the image will properly reflect slider movement in the volume output. this is part of the design, for good reason, but often confuses newer users. It appears as a "gremlin" until one understands the situation as reflected on that VIEW >> FADER screen.

there is plenty of discussion about this aspect of the AW on this forum. But it sounds as if your situation may not be related ??? and is perhaps a hardware failure.

Don't give up on it though. There have been remarkably few documentations of hardware failure on these machines, at least on this forum. And perhaps your experience is reflecting what i have described.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:49 am 
City Slicker

Thanks again Byron, I experimented using the view button and at first I thought I might have cracked it, at first I thought using the view sliders that I could hear the track perfectLy but it is not the case , the data is very low grade audio, with the real fader if I press the fader on an off then some signal appears then goes, but it isn’t high grade audio. It maybe a hardware fault but I will try a few more things like experimenting with a brand new track, thanks again

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:21 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
If it is low quality audio, intermittently, it sounds like a contact issue ??? Might be worth having a look, if you yourself have a the skill set or have access to a "guy" you trust. Search, probably a you tube on it or perhaps a thread on this site too?? I have not made such a search on here.