The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:35 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:29 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: bacon
Machine type: AW2400
Had problems with disk space on my AW2400 and after any number of supposed solutions I finally gave up and sorted it myself. So if anyone wants to know the simplest way to upgrade the standard 40gig disk to a 160gig then let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:16 pm 
Mr. Blues

Favourite food: Sauerkraut ;-)
Please tell me how you got it to work.
Andreas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Yes Keeefy, please do.

Welcome to the forum!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: bacon
Thanks for the welcome and hope you can follow my instructions.

Firstly you MUST BUY THE CORRECT DISK which is the Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 160gig 2 meg cache. 3.5 inch, 3200 spin speed. Interface: Ultra ATA/100. Search on the internet for the Seagate product code which is: ST3160215A. It may be hard to find one, but do not be tempted to buy something else and hope it works - this disk is identical to the 40gig one already in the machine apart from the capacity. I am in the UK and mine cost £39 on Ebay.
If you bought a brand new disk then skip this bit, however if you are installing an old disk which has been previously used then ensure it is COMPLETELY BLANK and formatted for a PC. If you get a query about “Cluster Size” then ensure it is set to 64k which is the factory setting for a new AW2400.

Next get the operating system software for the internet. This can be obtained from http://download.yamaha.com by clicking on your country in the list that appears then entering AW2400 in the search box. In the screen that appears click on AW2400 at the bottom to bring up a list of related downloads. Select AW2400 OS Updater V1.13 from the list to download it. One of the files in the downloaded folder is called AW2400PG.BIN - this is the firmware operating system you will need (approx 9 meg). Burn it on to a blank, PC format CD. Note that the fixed operating system built into the AW2400 (boot version) is V1.01 and the firmware which you will be updating is V1.13.
If for any reason the downloaded file is called AW2400PG.BIN.cpgz or similar, this is the compressed file and needs opening to retrieve the AW2400PG.BIN file.

Unscrew the bottom panel on the AW2400 and replace the existing hard drive with the new one - I’m assuming most people can manage this. Put everything back together and switch on the AW2400 at which point you will get an ERROR message. Open the CD drawer and insert the system firmware CD you have created. Close the drawer and switch the AW2400 off.
Hold down the SONG and MIDI buttons on the top panel and switch the AW2400 back on. This ensures that the new operating system is loaded from the CD. At this point you will get a message asking if you want to install/update the system.
Press the top panel ENTER and follow the screen instructions which will include repositioning the faders several times. If you get a message saying that the fader positioning is incomplete then you have not moved the faders to the correct positions during their setup - I did it wrong several times before I realised I had confused the 0 and 00 points. Note that this will take several minutes.
DO NOT touch any controls whilst the system is being loaded.
Finally you will get a COMPLETED and RESTART message. Press the ENTER key and all should be working.

Best of luck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Thank you very much, Keeefy!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:45 pm 
Mr. Blues

Favourite food: Sauerkraut ;-)