The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:40 am 
Dude

Machine type: AW1600
I see a few folks online, so here goes... i've tried multiple searches and find bits of helpful into, but i still have a gap. I am for the first time trying to backup my songs on the 1600 to my computer. I want to ensure what I put on the computer is everything I'd need to restore them to the 1600 if needed, such as if my 1600 crashed or something. I'm using the transfer folder method and have my USB hooked up, I can see the Transfer, Song, Lib folders, etc. My question is what exactly do i need to drag and drop to a newly created folder on my computer to reach my goal of a full and safe backup copy? Just the folders in the Transport folder? that plus song 1 and song 2 folder info? All AWS files, too? Everything that appears? I appreciate any feedback, as I'm going to sit idle for little while with everthing hooked up, hoping someone online will have a direction for me. Thanks all. BlvtZmkr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:58 am 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Create 2 folders on your PC hard drive (or other external USB hard drive). I named mine Bk1600-1 and Bk1600-2. Connect your 1600 to your PC via the UTILITY-USB screen. Two new drives will appear on your PC; AW1600-1 and AW1600-2. Open -1 and drag ALL files and folders over to the appropriate folder on your PC. After this, do the same with the AW1600-2 drive. Just make sure you drag from the 1600 to your PC folder. Otherwise, you'll wipe out what's on your 1600.

Note: You only need to go down "one level" into the 1600 drive. Not so far that you see individual folders for all your songs.

It isn't really necessary to backup the Transport folder, but copying everything will make sure you don't leave something important out.

Later on, if you just want to back up one song, then just copy the *.AWS folder associated with the song name.

Good luck,

Last edited by HogTime on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:00 am 
Dude

HogTime wrote:
Create 2 folders on your PC hard drive (or other external USB hard drive). I named mine Bk1600-1 and Bk1600-2. Connect your 1600 to your PC via the UTILITY-USB screen. Two new drives will appear on your PC; AW1600-1 and AW1600-2. Open -1 and drag ALL files and folders over to the appropriate folder on your PC. After this, do the same with the AW1600-2 drive. Just make sure you drag from the 1600 to your PC folder. Otherwise, you'll wipe out what's on your 1600.

It isn't really necessary to backup the Transport folder, but copying everything will make sure you don't leave something important out.

Later on, if you just want to back up one song, then just copy the *.AWS folder associated with the song name.

Good luck,

Thank you, sir, for the quick and well presented info. I'll give it a go. BlvtZmkr