The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Victor Wooten Trio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:26 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: Italian
Machine type: AW16G
Saw Victor Whooten, Dennis Chambers, and Bob Franceschini perform last night at Headliners Music Hall here in Louisville. Small, nice venue that was well suited to the performers.

I am pretty challenged to describe how incredibly talented these guys are. Being a drummer, it was a real treat for me with Mr. Chambers. Not only was he such a fantastic drummer, his technique was flawless. On top of it, my wife and I were situated next to the sound man, and Dennis was hanging out there watching the opening act. Very humble guy.

I've seen a lot of talented bass players but Victor Whooten is insane. Hard to describe. I had difficulty holding my phone to video as I was laughing at how totally unbelievable his playing was. He is in that realm of musicians that are beyond normal ones. Kind of like Vai, Malmsteen, Bozzio, Zappa, etc. They just hear/see things at a different level.

Bob Franceschini was someone I was not familiar with. His sax playing was fantastic and he literally shredded that thing all night. When they kicked into some old school jazz, he shined.

Hadn't felt this way about seeing a show since Five Peace Band!! If you can see them in your neck of the woods, and like this kind of music, then don't miss out. Musician's delight!

Thanks,
Rayzor