The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:11 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: Italian
Machine type: AW16G
I attended the LTL festival a couple of weeks back here in Louisville. Great venue outside and near the Ohio River. The stage setups were smartly placed within the park as well as the amenities. As far as food and drinks, it was a great selection, and the large bourbon and food offerings were great. One thing I say about this city is that there food is amazing here.

As to the bands. I got there for Eagles of Death metal, not wishing to expend energy at 57 yrs old on the earlier bands. They put on a great and fun show as I expected. One cool thing was that Brent Hinds from Mastodon played the first couple of tunes with them and jammed out with Jesse and Dave on some solos.

After that, food and some drink, my wife and I passed the wait for Mastodon by listening to Steel Panther. I was a cynic but once I realized they made more fun of themselves than I could, they actually covered some good VH and GNR etc. Fun band to kill time until more serious acts played.

Mastodon came out and played their Emperor of Sand, and I was very impressed. Tight, powerful and having heard my son tell me I need to to go see these guys, exactly what I was hoping to see. Once more Round the Sun being my fave LP, I was hoping for some of those tunes, but EOS is a great album too in my opinion.

Rob Zombie came next, and I had not seen him live either. Very professional, a lot of energy, good crowd interaction, and wild visuals. Yeah, the band rocked it out too haha!

I listened to 5 Finger Death Punch, although I had not heard any of their music prior. They were good, not for me, but I respected the show they put on.

Lastly, Ozzy....man he is not the same and no surprise there. his heart was in it, his body cant. Very low energy and if he wasn't a legend, sad. The band was great, and excellent setlist selections. You could tell Zakk loves the boss and knows his light is fading because I never heard Zakk shred as wickedly as he did that night. I guess to make up for it. Dang, he was amazing.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing who comes next year, and if you are close to Louisville, worth the trip to see this.

Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Good for you! Always fun to watch some good ole rock. Hate that Ozzie isn't the same Ozzie of old, but then again, I'm not the same RZ either. You're just a youngsta at 57. Ozzie is 68 and has been on so many trips it's amazing he can stand.

Rock on!

rz-land