The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Sans Drums/Plus AW1600
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:24 am 
Sodbuster

Favourite food: food
well I know some of you guys might suffer from GAS (gear aquisition syndrome). It's a terrible/wonderful thing.

I'm at the stage where I'm buying the same thing more than once. Like, buying something. Selling it. Then buying it again.

Luckily I'm single and I'm not infuriating a girlfriend or wife.

Well good news for me, is I just sold a drumset (DTXplorer) to turn around and RE buy an AW1600. I think it will be nice to have teh AW.

Drums are good, instant music, but I don't see myself being a drummer in a band, and once you know how to play drums you can usually pick it up later and be alright.

Anyway... I don't have too much else to say. I am gonna have a bit of a time re learning the AW. Man! last time i even had a printed manual as well as the 101.

Ok hopefully I'm learning. I am at risk of being Pennywise/Dollar foolish...

over and out! be seeing ya guys on here more soon!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Drums are nice and all, but the 1600 will be a nice add for you. Later on you can save up for a nice set of Roland V-Drums. They take up less space, connect to a pair of inputs on your 1600, and you can assign them to paired tracks on the 1600 and get a nice stereo sound.

rz-land

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:55 pm 
Sodbuster

Favourite food: food
Yes.

The drums were cool but I was spreading myself too thin across too many instruments. Sort of like a Jack of All Trades, but not expert at any of them. The AW is a good song writing tool and that is what I need to do most, write music, not fiddle on drums. Plus i figured that with an AW i could get a set of mics and mic up my buddy on his REAL drumset (not electronic) and that would be pretty sweet. he's a really good player.