The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: iHeart Radio show
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:25 am 
The Reverend

Favourite food: cheddar-lol
Machine type: AW16G
pretty flippin' weak so far... I've never seen so much technology driven drivel in my life... doesn't anybody play "normal" anymore...?

I Know, I'm oid... :roll:

Post subject: Re: iHeart Radio show
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:37 am 
The Reverend

there's a huge disconnect between me and the current state of pop music... I walked into my daughter's room and vented, telling her how bad I thought Coldplay was, and she responds, "I thought they were amazing" ...my own flesh and blood :cry:

I'm really old.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 am 
Ranch Hand

Machine type: AW4416
I`m afraid I`m with your daughter on this one Bok, I like Coldplay, hell at least they actually instruments, but I do believe that most modern day artists are just screaming puppets, and want to be more known for acting like a bunch of t***s on some reality tv show.
Actually one of the songs I`m uploading to the site over this weekend is exactly about that, it`s called "The Wannabe`s".
Enjoy the rest of your day bud.

T.

https://tmacmusic12.wixsite.com/tmac

http://www.soundcloud.com/t-mac-12

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCjAzN ... ture=watch

https://www.reverbnation.com/tmac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:58 am 
Finds Manual Useful

Favourite food: Skunk Milk
Machine type: AW1600
Im with you Bok. coldplay are over rated in my view. insipid is a word that springs to mind. music sux

My guess is that it started in the 70s when the industry started to get corporatised. no music lovers means no
interesting music. a new tom waits being supported by a major label ? somehow i don't think so

However, there was tons of crap on the radio in the 80s rem made it. maybe there is good music, i just don't hear any

I must admit that i have shipped looking for it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:41 pm 
The Reverend

Its not that I can't stand Coldplay, they just don't resonate with me...

Unfortunately, I've stopped actively looking for new music also, though this day in age was have more access to more types of music and our fingertips(mouse tails?) than ever...the ability to listen to almost any radio station across the work is quite astonishing. But, the only music I get turned onto is from my two kids... one is 14 (so I listen to the pop stuff on the local radio when we are in the car driving to practice---it really kills me, but in order to maintain household sanity I grin and bear it), and the other is 27... she at least was raised on late 90's alt stuff, so its a bit easier for me to relate. She actually bought me two tix for a show in November by a band named Delta Spirit, who I quite like, but realize are a pastiche of many earlier bands from my day.. still think they are enjoyable though...the stuff I like by them is at least 4 years old. They were a local act here before they moved to LA/NY...

Here's a couple of live examples:

Link

and

Link

whaddya think?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:02 pm 
Finds Manual Useful

Favourite food: Skunk Milk
Machine type: AW1600
Not Bad Bok...kind of like a Violent Femmes lite.

I took my daughter to see Muse last year. It was the best light show that I have ever seen. The music however took a lot from Queen IMHO, and was a bit disappointing (I did not communicate this to the moody 13 YO). I have been trying to impress on her that any right-minded 13 year old girl should be listening to Patti Smith. It sunk in, but not very far.

I dunno, maybe when you get old & cranky you just get better at spotting the influences - they don't sound so good second time around, particularly watered down. That said, Queen (who I do not like that much) did take Zeppelin stuff somewhere new.

A CD arrived by a Portuguese band called Dead Combo. Have only listened half way, but I like it. Portuguese folk + spaghetti western. Different