The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:45 pm 
Dude

Machine type: AW2400
Hey guys,
My new machine has just arrived. First impressions are very good. Seems to have been used very little. The demo song 'You're the only one' is still on there, but looks like the previous owner has had a go at using the AUTOMIX and erased the original mix. Has anyone got the .AWS file that I presume contains the AUTOMIX data? I don't need the audio just the project data. Thanks Al

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:05 pm 
Marker Magician

My question is why would you need that song? If you know enough about the machine to understand how the auto mix is being utilized in this demo, then you don't really need the demo. On the other hand, If you can't (or are not yet able to) grasp what is going on, the demo song serves only to greatly confuse.

If you you do restore the song, (or use Auto mix on any song), you have to always keep in mind that the last scene's settings always stay in place, even when you load a new song (project). This is true even when you don't use Auto mix, but the demo song utilizes many scene and setting changes, some quite short in duration before the next. New users find this all very confusing, especially when they try to create their own first projects after listening to the demo. Once you understand from where the confusion arises (ie the need to manually (re)establish the initial scene for every project upon loading), the usefulness of the demo song is revealed to be counter-productive. It has a bad reputation around here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:11 pm 
Dude

Hi Byron, I want the song data for exactly the reasons you state. I wanted to see how the Yamaha boffins implemented the SCENE data and also the AUTOMIX (dynamic) data. I remember being impressed with the track when I heard it a few years ago. I saved it to CD and it's knocking round the studio somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Cheers, Al

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:06 pm 
Marker Magician

I'll have a look when next at the desk.

I am not sure that the Automix was utilized in that demo. Unless it was a remix. That song is the demo on the AW1600 ( an maybe the G too) No automix on those machines, only scene maps.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:03 pm 
Dude

Hi Byron,
Thanks.....automix was utilised on the song because I remember the lead vocal amongst other things had large swathes of 'riding the fader'.......I've just been through most of my old drives and have found lots of stuff but Sod's Law....not 'You're the only one'. I know I burned a CD as I also transfered it to the AW4416 and AW2816....and have found those CDs but of coure, they'll only have the audio, not the project data.

Al

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:32 pm 
Marker Magician

I will see what i can find.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:42 pm 
Dude

I found it....went through a few boxes and the cd was in the studio all along.
Thanks
Al