The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Pitch fix issue
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 pm 
Lone Star

Favourite food: fish
Machine type: AW2400
I've had the AW2400 for a few months and never tried the pitch fix (or the bounce) function until now. I can't make it work. I've seen this problem on the boards before, and wonder if anyone has thought more about the issue. I just got off the phone with a helpful tech support guy named Ryan, at Yamaha/California. He had an AW2400 and tried using pitch fix and it worked for him exactly as described in the manual. Other than suggesting I reformat the hard drive, he had nothing to offer. I haven't tried that yet, but will. Here is my problem:

I follow the manual instructions to the letter. The destination track shows up as recorded (in the Track screen) but there is no sound on it. If I look at the waveform, I see the expected wave in the source track, but a flat line in the destination track. Tried all the obvious stuff, and I am a pretty experienced user. Everything else about the board works perfectly.

Any insight greatly appreciated!

Josh

Post subject: Re: Pitch fix issue
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:03 am 
Lone Star

Favourite food: fish
Fixed the issue by recalling the Initial scene from the Scene screen!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:50 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Good for you! Always nice to see the user figure out and answer their own question. Noob of the month!

Welcome.

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:27 pm 
Marker Magician

pitch fix is an interesting learning curve. i recently tried to educate myself on the utility and have had some success over the years utilizing it, but ....???

What I tried to find out from Yamaha was an explanation of how to set for utilization, the reference pitch IN and OUT parameters, as shown on the bottom of the 2400's Pitch Fix screen ( the 1600 does not have these reference frequency settings ) . The tech I connected with at Yamaha was very helpful, consulted his boss, who consulted with someone in Japan >>>> no joy >>>> They were unable to explain how these adjustable parameters would be used. ???? Anybody got any insights? The manual does not deal with how to at all.