The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:06 am 
Lone Star

Favourite food: curry
Machine type: AW2400
I managed to find a brand new HD as per Keefy's spec in another thread.

Connected it up and loaded the V1.13 sw as per instructions provided with the 1.13 download from Yamaha.

Pressed the correct buttons and all seemed to proceed, then it happened.

The instructions arrived at "calibrate the faders". Each time I get an error-retry message. A couple of the faders struggle to move in sync with the rest. I have used contact cleaner, and a vacuum cleaner and slid the faders up and down to try to help without success except in that they move a little better than before.

I have a workshop manual which shows how to manually calibrate the faders by powering on holding 2 different keys down but this just takes me straight back to the auto calibrate faders page.

I cannot bypass this page or exit other than by switching off and back on which takes me straight to the same calibrate message.

Thus I am now stuck at this point, and have no idea if the new HD is installed at all or even working properly

Any ideas?

Last edited by red6 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:14 pm 
Marker Magician

Thanks for keeping in touch. I hope you find a way around your impasse. I am not familiar with all the buttons to push etc. but i am wondering if you have indeed loaded 1.13 onto the new drive if perhaps a reformat might nudge things along?? Purely a guess, but it might take you back to a starting point you have not yet reached ???? or allow you a second chance???

Had you any difficulty with any of the faders before? Prior to the HD swap?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:08 am 
Dude

Favourite food: bacon
If you've got to the fader setup section then the new operating system should be loaded. I had a problem at the same point as you and what I was doing was setting the faders to the wrong positions and getting the same message. There is a 0 position near the top of the sliders and a 00 one at the bottom. I hadn't looked closely enough at the on-screen instructions and was setting them at the wrong ones. I can't remember which is the correct, but try again and carefully check which of these positions the setup fader screen is asking you to move them to.
Any problems send me a personal message and I can probably walk you through it. Cheers Keith.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:31 pm 
Lone Star

Favourite food: curry
OK. All sorted.

I tried a work around by getting the chap who sold me the brand new HD to clone my spare drive. It was his idea and .......I still had the fader calibration issue. and had to load the V1.13 sw in the cd drive.

The solution was a school ruler, 12"s (It was an old school ruler).

As the faders move up the sticky ones did not so I just put the ruler behind all the faders as they went up and kept the sticky ones level.

It worked. After that it was the manual fader setting and hey presto I now have a total of 3 brand new HD's. Including a 100gb Maxtor which also works.

The cloning worked but was not relevant as the issue was that unless the faders pass the automatic phase of calibration the HD will not install.

So there we are, and I am indebted to Keeefy for pointing the way to which HD will work with the 2400 and I have a lifetime of new HD's for my machine.

I will never again worry about "Disk Busy" or running out of space.