The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: wheres my ducking tool?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:54 pm 
Boot Polisher

Favourite food: egg on toast
Machine type: AW2400
Hi...anyone know how to locate the ducking facility...i can't see it in effects or dynamics?

cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:41 pm 
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru

Favourite food: the edible kind
Machine type: AW16G
hi Clipper. I don't thibk it is available under that name. I think what you need to do is use a compressor effect with the Kevin source comming from an aux in which you feed another track. That way you can lower the volume of a track depending on the volume of another which is ducking if i understand it correctly. You can make a preset named ducking but at least on the 16G you will have to do some routing by means of an aux.

I have not used this in practice yet. Maybe someone will come allong who has more experience on this.

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:26 pm 
Send me CDR's !!

Favourite food: Beer
Ducking and gating is only available on input channels, NOT on tracks. That's possibly the reason you can't seem to find it? Select the input channel, then press [DYN], then press F1 (Gate Lib.) and load the ducking thing from the list. Then go to Gate Edit (F1) to finetune the parameters. It's on page 151 from the manual.

I think it's possible to "re-record" a track on a new track and while doing so, you should be able to apply gating/ducking but I don't know how this works exactly, maybe somebody else can help you with that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:54 pm 
Marker Magician

You would be able to duck a prerecorded track during a mixdown by sending it out an omni (AUX) out - pre fader. This analogue signal can be patched to an input and ducking applied there.

The pre-fader assignment allows you to pull the faders of the prerecorded track all the way down, so no signal from there reaches the mix. It will all come from the patch you created. The EQ and DYN settings you apply to the recorded track should be assigned to prefader too as they are tapped off before the prefader-AUX signal, so they still apply to the AUX send, even though the source track's fader is pulled all the way down. Then you have to key-in this input to respond to another (single) track. So for example, if you want one guitar to always reduce in volume when another guitar or a vocal begins to give signal, you could accomplish this ..... I am suspecting you could get a group of tracks to become volume reduced together, in response to the trigger, by setting up a fader group ...

But .... Unless you want ducking in a live performance though, the easiest way to get a track out of the way during a mixdown is to train the automix to do it for you.

What application were you wanting to accomplish?