The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:32 pm 
Lone Star

Favourite food: pizza
For all you guitar players, I'd just like to pass on some good info. I recently bought a Digitech RP500 pedal effects unit. I have been recording guitar straight to the HiZ input for a good while using regular guitar cables. I bought the RP500 because of it's low cost ($299) compared to other similar units in the same category and because I know that Digitech makes good stuff. However, I was blown away at the difference this pedalboard makes in my guitar recordings. It was like somebody had switched on a light. I also ordered some balanced XLR cables to run from the mixer to the 1600 and the difference was astounding. My guitar now sounds like all those cats on the radio. It makes a world of difference to run the guitar through a preamp and a mixer with balanced cables. If you notice on the back of the 1600 they have a diagram for the use of balanced cables on the inputs. I bought some straight 1/4 inch balanced cables for my Korg M3 and once again, the difference was amazing. The signal runs flat with no distortion and records like a dream. These cables look like "stereo" cables but they reduce all the transient noise quite nicely. SO, just as a tip, get those balanced cables and see the difference for yourselves.
Yours in sound,
Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:17 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hiya Bill,

Thanks for the info!

However I'd like to ask you not to post multiple times, people will read everything anyway. Thank you!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating