The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: OK...my angst
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:58 am 
Professor Emeritus of BovineCompostology

Machine type: AW16G
Well it's Friday night, I've had a couple of beers and for the first time ever I've remembered to listen to "Organized" on XM, it's an hour of B3 jazz...yeah it's smokin'

I really try to listen to all types of music, I think that's a terribly important thing to do. But I do grow weary of over processed, over compressed, ducked, gated, limited, digitally reverberated-distorted-phased, Antares processed top 40 pop.

Right now I'm listening to these jazz cats wailin' away with nothing but talent and richeous tone. Hot hands and cool heads playing music because they believe in it.

Honesty. In my mind it's all that matters in music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:32 am 
THE man!!!

Favourite food: roasted pig snouts
remember that old cartoon with the "three little pigs and the big bad wolf" called THE THREE LITTLE BOPS? It's the one where the wolf is trying to join the pigs' jazz band, and they keep turning him down, and when they do, the wolf blows down the first "club" made of straw and so on, until the pigs are playing at the club made of bricks. The wolf starts blowin' his jazz trumpet, trying to impress the pigs enough to let him jam with them, and the pigs put a stick of dynamite in the end of his trumpet and blow him up!!! The wolf goes to hell and comes back as a ghost, but is REALLY playing his horn well!! One of the pigs says "man that wolf is playin' groovy", and they finally let him jam with them at the club made of bricks. Another pig asks the wolf "how'd you get so good?", and the wolf says "you gotta get hot before you can be COOL!!" :D

I dunno, you said "hot hands and cool heads" and that's what came out of my afro. I as well try to listen to all kinds of music. It broadens your horizons, and gives me more creative flow when writing my own music. My latest thing is to blend rock(guitars and vocals) with old-school breakbeats(drums and bass) and add a little techno synth. I think I'm trying to invent a new genre :dontknow: It's ALL my musical influences rolled into one big FATTY :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:35 pm 
Forum Poet

Favourite food: fresh
Quote:
jazz cats wailin' away with nothing but talent and richeous tone. Hot hands and cool heads playing music because they believe in it.

right on!
right on!!
right on!!!