The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:53 am 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Machine type: AW1600
After much futzing around (a technical term), I got Cubase LE (provided with the AW1600) to record faders movements (via USB) while the AW1600 was playing. Then I was also able to get those recorded fader movements to control the 1600 for a mix! Pretty cool! Like an AW2400, but the actual faders don't move (but the screen ones do). :)

Still a couple of problems to resolve. When I arm Cubase to record and then press PLAY (or PLAY-RECORD) on the 1600, Cubase goes out of record mode when the time cursor starts moving. This means I have to manually put it in record mode after pressing PLAY on the 1600. Not a big deal, except it misses any 1600 scene recall MIDI messages done manually or automatically at the start of Play. I need those in the MIDI file to start off at the same fader levels, w/o doing it manually on the 1600.

Don't know how much I'll make use of all this, but at least I have it available.

I wonder if they make simple MIDI standalone recorder boxes, so I wouldn't have to use my PC? If I was still into electronic tinkering, I'd build one. :)

Note: AW16G owners, this should also work with your units, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:38 am 
Footswitch Genius

Favourite food: Jarlsberg
Machine type: AW16G
Quote:
I wonder if they make simple MIDI standalone recorder boxes, so I wouldn't have to use my PC?

a long time ago - 1990 or thereabouts - Alesis used to make a 'data disk' recorder that did just that. maybe there's an updated or similar type doing the rounds.

Quote:
AW16G owners, this should also work with your units, I think.

yep it does. i have to disable midi echo in sonar to use it, but it works well in mode 3.