The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 am 
Dude

Favourite food: Pizza
Machine type: AW4416
Hello everyone! Recently I have the Yamaha AW4416 with which I am fine, I do only one thing is clear. When I record all the tracks, how do I set up the various effects in the channels? Wishing I can put them in all channels or only 7 or 8? Sorry for the English! =)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:07 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: home made tortillas
hello cesco,
the 2 internal effects engines are assigned to aux 7 and 8 ...
after recording tracks 1 to 16 you may add efx (you can also add them to the original recorded tracks but the industry standard is to record tracks "dry" ... )
during playback of recorded tracks, press aux 7 or 8 to open the efx and use the corresponding sliders to add effects to a chosen track (1 track or all tracks....)
hope this helps with your problem
mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:06 pm 
Dude

It in fact I can use them, but only on one channel and eff 1 eff2 on another channel, but not a single effect across multiple channels, am I wrong or is the AW4416?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:31 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
There are two ways to use the EFF

1. you can use them as you say. That is called "inserting" the EFF into the signal chain (of one channel). That is what you have set up. Maybe it was that way when you got the machine

2. The other way is to Not insert them to any one channel. When an EFF is NOT inserted to one channel the signals from ALL the channels are routed (sent) through the EFF. You can decide how much of each channel gets sent. This is done (I take from hudroguy's post) through AUX 7 & 8 on the 4416. If this is the way you want to have it, then you will have to break the Insert connection and learn how to find the proper control layer in which the faders are assigned to the EFF buses (AUX 7&8).

They are called buses (in English) because a (passenger) bus carries and delivers many people and an EFF bus carries and delivers multiple signals.

If you have trouble breaking the Insert, just ask and someone will look at the manual and give some instruction.

What language(S) do you speaK?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:51 am 
Dude

Thank you, I have not yet very clear, but the thing I'm working on along with the manual, but I was not very clear, however, I speak Italian.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:29 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
OK. I am not sure we have any Italian speaking regulars here. I will try to look at the 4416 manual and find the screen and sequence you will need to follow instruct the EFF to be assigned to send/return mode.

It sounds as if you have the EFF linked to a specific track. You need to break that and then the EFF can be utilized by all the channels on the Send/Return bus.

Do you have an Italian language manual, or are you struggling along with an English Manual?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:01 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
I absolutely LOVE Paolo Conte. Especially the song about the rain coat. 8)

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:15 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: home made tortillas
Byron wrote:
OK. I am not sure we have any Italian speaking regulars here. I will try to look at the 4416 manual and find the screen and sequence you will need to follow instruct the EFF to be assigned to send/return mode.

It sounds as if you have the EFF linked to a specific track. You need to break that and then the EFF can be utilized by all the channels on the Send/Return bus.

Do you have an Italian language manual, or are you struggling along with an English Manual?

hello cesco,
check page 166 of manual, it describes how to use effects ...
1- ... press setup button
2- ... press patch IN
3- ... effect patch box should be set ... eff 1 = aux 7 ... eff2 = aux 8
when the settings are as listed, the sliders for aux 7 (or aux 8 ) will add efx to any input channel 1 - 24 or any recorder track 1 -16 ...
i hope this helps with your understanding

mark

Non parlo bene l'italiano ....