The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: SCENE functions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:51 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Curry
Machine type: AW16G
Has anyone used the scene functions on the AW16G? What I assumed you could do is save all the EQ, Dynamics, panning (fader?) etc.. settings with a specific song and retain them when re-loading the song. Just tried it and it doesn't do what I thought. Settings are not recalled if you have since altered them in a different song.

The scenario:
I have a song I've been working on for quite a while with lots of minor EQ, Dynamic. FX, panning and other tweaks but want to take some time out from it, load up a different song and work on that for a while. Then, when I'm ready, go back to the 1st song and re-load all the settings using Scene.

If this doesn't work, I will need to write down all the settings for the given song as best I can and manually re-set them when I want to work on it again.

Have I understood the meaning of the SCENE function or just not done it properly?

Post subject: Re: SCENE functions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:59 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Your machine is acting as it should. when you leave a project (by calling up a new song (project)), the settings "linger" (my terminology). Hopefully you would have made a scene in that newly recalled project, as you described in your post. All you need do is navigate , through the Scene Button's menus to find the Recall (perhaps Load is the word??). Select the scene you saved from the list. recall it and voila -- you are in business. While it seems counter intuitive, you have to realize that Physical settings are not part of the song (project). Memory of settings can be stored, for recall, in scenes.

Note also that the first item in the list is called Initial Settings. It is protected and quite useful. When starting a project you can recall this "Scene" to do away with any gremlins that may be lingering. Initial Setting will put you in the driver's seat, with all controls at the AW's "ground zero".

As another wrinkle, switching from one scene to another (exclusive of Initial Settings) will not always extend control to the the faders. To see what i mean, look at the VIEW > Faders screen (note in the upper line whether it is displaying Input/Pads or tracks. hit any track or input button to toggle) The picture of the fader should have a darkened section of the fader's travel path. If it is not there, then move the physical fader > top to bottom, bottom to top. when the dark portion appears, the physical fader is linked to the virtual fader. This is important to realize as you may think your fader is intermittently not working. True of the Red Stereo fader too.

Scenes can be changed mid song, via the Tempo Map. but there are hazards along the way. ( one being what i just described) Ask when needed or search Tempo on the forum and you will get info written in response to others on this part of the learning curve.