The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Super Frustration...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:24 pm 
Guitar Ho

Machine type: Other - please inform admin
Tudan said, upon getting the run down of the equipment in the Control Room, that the "weakest part of your setup is the G". And now that I want to use Cubase for editing, it is leading to nothing but frustration. Maybe if I explain how I've basically wasted my entire morning, one of you will say, "Oh David, you dumb ass...you gotta..."

So, I exported all my tracks to Cubase in order to consolidate the 3 vocal tracks to one (three vocal passes to the song; I listen to each line and choose the best to, line by line, create a composite vocal track). Peachy...as always it takes about 5 hours of work, but done to satisfaction. So, I export the new vocal track from Cubase to a WAV and burn it to CD. Now I want to bring this back to the G so that I have a single vocal track and free up tracks to lay down more. Basthard. No matter what, it won't accept the disk. File name is 8 characters in caps, all alpha. No biscuit. So, I try another disk. Same result. I'm having trouble with the CD writer in my machine, so I try mailing it to Pat's where I'll burn it there. Too big to send. F'k. Soooo...great idea...I'll sneak into the Dijonstock FTP site, transfer it there and down load to Pat's machine and then delete the file on the Dijonstock before anyone sees it. Ah, that worked. Burned the WAV to yet another CD and took it to the G. Read CD info... and Change Media, Please. Oh, I SEE. No, MF, I don't see!!! What the hell? I've imported things before! I'm using a data disk as opposed to music...the same disks that I used to export from the G. WAV file was exported from Cubase as 16 bit 44.1.

Man I'm getting frustrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:35 pm 
Guitar Ho

So, after reading my last line of description, I decide to verify the file in question. So I look at it's properties, and sure as shite it says 32 bit.

So Cubase users, how the hell do I export a 16 bit version of an audio track??!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:07 pm 
Master of Logic

Hi David,

The way i do it in Cubase is to solo the track(s) I want to export, then choose File > Export > Audio Mixdown. Set up the location and the attributes (PCM Uncompresses, mono, 44.1, 16bit), then Save.

I will use my robot hand for good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:30 pm 
Guitar Ho

Yeah, I tired exactly that but it would only export about 30s worth afterwhich it had a fade out. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:33 pm 

Favourite food: Sushi
Machine type: AW16G
Go to the transport control... the thingy with play buttons etc...

There's two fields on the left... one for the starting point, the other for the end point of your mixdown...

That one had me freakin' a couple times.

Once the whole area you want to mixdown, is highlighted in a light blue colour... mixdown again :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:58 pm 
Thief crusher

David
it may be that you 'recorded' the wavefiles into the cubase as 32 bit. You can set a cubase song file up as 16 bit and import the files into this new songfile. I'm not at my own pc just now so I can't give you technicals on it, and its just a guess so it may not even work. try cubase help when its open.

good luck comander

The Doc

http://www.myspace.com/higherpoweruk