The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:18 pm 
Lone Star

Hey, I like the song very much! You all made it very special and really wonderful! So thanks for all, who worked at this song!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:09 pm 
Guitar Ho

Machine type: Other - please inform admin
Lina, all I did was basically put up the raw tracks...there's so much work to be done on this...timing, vocal integrity and levels, mistakes to be corrected, etc. I put it up to try and get comments to validate what I think I have to do to truly make it good. But, I only got Robert's comments in a private message, so people are either trying to spare either your's or mine's feelings (maybe true for a precious few...but hardly necessary as I said this is just basically the raw tracks), or are just bawbag behind the back snickerer's that lack the courage to reveal their true natures (many of those around...hey Yammyboyz?).

But just the same, those that contributed to this did so out of loving kindness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:24 pm 
Master of Logic

Must have missed this upload before. Just listening now on, again, semi-decent PC speakers.

My first thought is that the drums seem to lack a little power and could do with punching up. Next thing I notice is in the vocal breakdown at about 3.10 or so, the delay on the vocals is a bit too prominent.

Other than that, top work David!

I will use my robot hand for good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:17 pm 
Guitar Ho

Thanks man, but yeah, I know...she moved with each take (distance to the mic) so when I patched her vocals together, they were up down and sideways. So, to do something quick so I could put up something up with the ENORMOUS pressure to put up material, I normalized the vocal track. It did help in some respects, but it also introduced distortion and didn't make all the problems go away. But the idea was to put up the raw tracks I'm facing and have people give some criticism...I guess that didn't work either.

My biggest bitch is the guitars though. I finally had two takes that came only close to being on spot, and then included both left and right. I kinda like the left right thing on intro, but they are out of synch...plus I kept rushing it (I only created a click to indicate the beginning) and had to pause to wait on the piano. Bad news. So, I may redo them, or drop one track and let the other do the intro with some shifting around to be more natural...but I want that intro.

Post subject: Lina's song
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:05 pm 
Lone Star

Lina

Just love your vocals on the song. You sung with such feeeling - well done girl!

I have been singing the song in my head ever since I've heard it.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:13 am 
Guitar Ho

Wow, what a marathon two weeks...and still not done. However, we've made some big progress. A lot of it was getting myself into the studio to finish off the tracks laid by those at NiceStock. I just finished Robbie's Love Games...now that was fun...and different for me. Learned beaucoup in the process, and he's a happy camper. We also did, between Nate and I, 3 other tunes this week. We're about ready to start organizing the final product. More to come. Oh, and with Robbie's approval, we'll post Love Games for y'all.