The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:59 am 
Guitar Ho

Machine type: Other - please inform admin
Like I said, we filled the disk. I started with a clean slate, and we ran out on the last night. I was able to give us a little room by deleting the tracks to Love makes Gods of Us All as those tracks are in the PC (my first experience with Cubase--thanks Tudan for pushing me over the edge and Robert for the patience of sitting with me as we roughed out the mix), but anyway, 7 files of jamming that are averaging about 3 gig.

So, here's my first problem. I've backed everything up, but I want to export as wavs as well before making any more elbow room. The first file was okay in that I got all 16 tracks out on two disks, but I think I have run into a problem with the second file. The first file was 1.5 gig with 8 tracks of around 22 minutes of music. The second is 2.5 with 8 of an hour. The second export of 1-16 resulted in 4 CDs, each containing two files designated as the first two tracks...and then that's it. I was putting the files to the pc as each disk finished, and I thought, oh, okay, the individual wave files are bigger than the 700MB, the size of the CD, so somehow it's splitting them across CDs. But, then it stopped as if all 16 had been exported.

Any thoughts, theories or experiences out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:07 am 
Guitar Ho

Machine type: Other - please inform admin
Go...something interesting about exporting to wave really large files:

It appears the G will put as many tracks on a disk as it can before asking for another disk, so apparently, and contrary to what I thought, the individual tracks I have done so far are not larger than the CD. I could get two tracks per CD...the thing that threw me a curve was the fact that, for each disk it asked for, used the same file names on every disk--01 and 02. However, the next two tracks apart from the previous CD appeared within the files on the next CD. So, cool. Everythings here and in place.