The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: 10 Acre Jam - Texas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:38 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: Italian
Machine type: AW16G
Encyclopedic
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13713823

As I deal with a basement studio being repaired from flooding, and sorting through equipment, I run across a cd. Turns out it was a board recording from a gig I played 12 yrs ago called 10 Acre Jam. It took place in Nacogdoches, Texas (The oldest town in TX), and drew about 2k every yr. Many bands came in from Austin, Houston, Shreveport and locally. It was put on by the owners of the farm and there were three stages. One was for solo acts, another for more an unplugged scene with lots of picking I remember (good stuff), and the big stage. Smells of food from local merchants and weed, with many folks sleeping in tents for the weekend. A very laid back and friendly scene that featured some really talented players. Oh, and it rained our entire set, lol. I remember doing a fill and a stick flying over the keyboard players head into the crowd from the wet hands. Kind of a dangerous situation. The lead guitar players feed to the board got compromised, and our bass player had only practiced with us the night before, as our regular player got into a motorcycle accident. I cant remember yesterday, but I remember this stuff, haha.

This tune, Encyclopedic was pretty fun and Brendon Rogers on keys did a nice solo.

Post subject: Re: 10 Acre Jam - Texas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:56 am 
Finds Manual Useful

Favourite food: Skunk Milk
Machine type: AW1600
Great stuff. pity about the guitar level.

it would be interesting to see if adding some oveall eq and reverb would inject some of the life that the soundboatd tool feed away.

Post subject: Re: 10 Acre Jam - Texas
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:00 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: Italian
Machine type: AW16G
Thanks Oscar. Yeah you are probably right in tweaking it. I didnt do anything to treat this in any way. I also found cassette tapes that were demo's from 1991 of a metal band. I remember them but need to find a converter to get them on disc. Interestingly, they were recorded in Philip Glass' studio near the village in NYC.