The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:16 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Greetings Dijonstockers. My annual contribution. Oh boy. Where do I begin. Ok I never like my work so I'll just get that out of the way. This song has loads of errors. But in some ways, I accomplished some areas that just about make me want to record again. Kinda like golf. You suck through the round and at the end you hit that perfect shot.

This year I chose the song She Said She Said from the Revolver album. Paul got in to it with John and walked off during the recording. The song was sung and performed by John, George and Ringo. John singing main vocals and backup, guitar, and one finger on his hammond organ. George sang backup and played bass and guitar. And then there's Ringo. This is one of his best performances and one that I didn't even attempt to duplicate.

Instruments:
I used my Pod for all guitar and bass sounds. I chose my Fender Aerodyne strat actually tuning down from standard 440 to 427 (lowest my keyboard would go). The Beatles actually capo'd the 1st fret (hell no I can't sing that hi). For the one hammond note I chose an organ sound on my Triton Studio. The drums were my Roland TD20's using the Maple kit. I used my Shure ball mic (I've had it since I was in my 20's), don't know the model number. Looks like an SM58. Ran that through my art preamp. Used 10 tracks of my AW2400. Wish I knew how to mix!

One little thing I'll point out. When I work on songs with fading endings, I always record longer than the fade. I tend to get crazy the longer I run the track. It's such a shame to waste all the hidden lunacy that is RZ.

Ok I've stalled enough. My messterpiece: He Said He Said (Actually the original name of the song).

rz-land

Post subject: Re: Yep
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:27 am 
City Slicker

Favourite food: curry
Machine type: AW16G
=D> =D>
Boy! That sure took me back in time. I had that album at one time but gave it away. What a shame. But then I don't have a turntable I could play it on.

Did you do all the vocal harmonies or did you have George and Ringo there with ya? :wink: Great job. And with a surprise ending too. I have to say recording your production must have taken a lot of technical as well as musical skills.

Now just please record and post the rest of the songs on Revolver.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:43 am 
The Reverend

Favourite food: cheddar-lol
Machine type: AW16G
Spot on as always RZ... brings a smile to us mere mortals. Did you track that with Midi drums first and then toss 'em out? And what was the most challenging part of this tune(tracking wise)?

P.S. You still have 9 months left for another one... thinking maybe Junk Food (...they make it bad, take a hot pad and) .... well, you get the point.

salud!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:19 am 
Marker Magician

Worth the wait as usual Ron. Revolver is a great album and you have capture the musical essence very well, with a "middle aged" dietary twist in your renewed lyric. Bravo!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:36 pm 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: Pizza
Nicely done RZ. Really enjoyed that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:25 am 
Roper

Once again, Ron, you have proven that you are indeed the 6th Beatle.

<thumbs up>

Yesterday I was born here

Tomorrow I'll be gone