The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Caravan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:53 am 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: Italian
Machine type: AW16G
A very loose interpretation of the classic jazz standard

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13623614

Post subject: Re: Caravan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:01 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
As usual - inspired and technically superb drumming. Interesting panning within the mix, with some drums well to the outside of the stereo-scape. Lots of transitions too, maintaining interest and timed (positioned) well, but avoiding a sense randomness (or monotony) that some percussion-based recordings evoke (for me). This last comment pertains to all your work Razor. Stellar job. Creating all this must keep you safe at home, in the studio, well out of the harm's way found on street corners and in local watering holes!!

Post subject: Re: Caravan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:20 pm 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: Italian
Machine type: AW16G
Byron - thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated. I always liked this melody since hearing it as a kid and always liked the different versions I have heard. I figured I would take a light stab at it. I did enjoy figuring out the horns etc.
As to the drums...I must make a confession. I recently shared with Sleepless that I was bouncing them down on the G to make room and then found that they were stuck on the one side. I couldn't fix so I was at a stage where I would have to redo the drums tracks. After listening I kind of liked them on the side. With me being a drummer, all my stuff has them front and center and probably overdone. This has them in their place, lol. So I left them. I found myself getting lost in the mix and trying not to muddle all the instruments I had in there, including finger snaps. So I am grateful this turned into something at all. :)

I am lucky to have a beautiful wife who supports me with this stuff, as it does keep me out of trouble! I only wished she played guitar and was wealthy!!!

Rayzor