The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 pm 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Machine type: AW1600
Widetrack,

When you backed up was it 2816 format? When you "unzipped" was it with the AWExtract program? Yes, you can end up with WAV files not the same length. However, when I look at them in Sound Forge, there is blank audio at the start to make all of them align properly for the song.

WAV files allow special non-audio data in the file, so there must be something in them that says where the actual WAV data starts on the time line.

Did you actually load them into SONAR and see they don't line up? Might be some option in SONAR to readjust WAVs not starting at 0.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:18 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
To put a file in the transport folder go to the EDIT menu
Specify which track and the section of that track you want to appear in the Transport folder - it will be copied there, not moved there.
Rather than state a specific track you can - turn the jog wheel until it shows "1 - 16",
Hit execute and a folder will be created - name it using the jog wheel - then off to the transport folder
Hook up the computer via USB (UTILITY menu)
Open My Computer (PC) or Macs comparable (Finder?)
Open second of AW's drives - see the Transport Folder? - Open it
Drag folder you named earlier to desktop
When it copies - open it and all 16 tracks from you export should be there numbered 1-16. Rename them if you please.

I assume you can get them into the application you want from this point.

Reverse the process to get a file back into the 1600 - except when it comes to getting the file out of the transport folder back into a project, access is through the IMPORT WAV utility in the TRACK menu

If you do a lot of transporting, remember to periodically delete items as problems are caused when too full - not sure of limit, but it is not tiny.

Byron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:25 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Spaghetti
OK, thanks for the tips! I will see what I can do here and hopefully it will work out that I will be able to get the WEAV files from My Aw onto a CD and then from the CD onto my PC. If not... anybody want to buy an almost new AW1600? lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:14 pm 
Marker Magician

Why do the Wavs have to go to a CD to go to your PC? why can't you just copy them to the PC via the USB connection, from the Transport Folder, as described above?

Byron

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:34 pm 
Dude

Because, as described above, I have my AW1600 at one location - my rehearsal studio - and my PC at another location - my home. Burning the CD to take home after recording saves the hassle of packing up the AW1600 every time I want to get the WAV files to my PC at home.

Is there any way to burn the WAV files from the transport file?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:58 pm 
Marker Magician

Not done it myself, but as Hogtime suggested above, saving the files in 2816 format would be the route to try. You described some issues with that method too, but I think that is what you are left with. Others here speak of using that method, without enumerating any shortcomings. I think I'll try it, just to educate myself. I do recall being quite amazed and a little frustrated upon realizing this shortcoming of the 1600. My music PC is in the same place as my 1600, so it became a non issue - just a change in routine.

Sorry about the last post. I realized as I typed that the reason must be one of location and then thought I hit the cancel button on my message, but it got sent. I probably hit the wrong button.

Good Luck

Byron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 am 
Dude

NP! I'll try the other way. Hopefully it will save me the hassle of having to carry my AW1600 back and forth, or selling it and going back to the AW16G.

Thanks for all the help!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:59 am 
Dude

OK, I did a backup, selected "as AW2816", and then used the AWExtract tool. All WAVs, including virtual tracks are in the designated "extract to" folder. So far so good. Imported them into Sonar... THEY LINE UP! Excellent.

Thanks for the help! Now I can keep the AW1600! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:30 am 
Mr. Blues

Favourite food: Sauerkraut ;-)
Hi Wideztack,

Widetrack wrote:
OK, I did a backup, selected "as AW2816", and then used the AWExtract tool. All WAVs, including virtual tracks are in the designated "extract to" folder. So far so good. Imported them into Sonar... THEY LINE UP! Excellent.

Thanks for the help! Now I can keep the AW1600! :)

Great Info, thanks! =D> =D> =D>

Andreas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:11 pm 
Lone Star

Favourite food: fish
Hi, newbie here and having a hell of a time.

Im trying to export my songs to the pc.First surprise is when i found ALL the songs have been transported and not the one assihned by me .
Then when in trying to open them with ADOBE AUDITION all the different bits of a take =not virtual tracks= appera as different wav files when their own number assigned. So ive ended up with hundreds of wav files instead of 16 tracks.

what am i doing wrong here.

Any help will be welcome

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:31 pm 
Marker Magician

You were looking in the song folders, not the transport folder. To get what you need in the transport folder use the EXPORT function in the EDIT menu. Send what you want to the transport folder - specific track and virtual or all 16 of the currently selected virtuals. Connect the AW's USB to the PC - go to My Computer - open AW drive 2 - open the Transport (not the Song) folder - drag and drop to desktop, or other spots you may desire to place these files. The files will be named track 1- track 16, or have a name you may give to them, when you specify an individual track. When, if ever, you are in a "song" folder, don't ever try to rename one of those "numbered" files, as that will mess up the song folder.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:57 pm 
Lone Star

Favourite food: fish
Thanks a million, i was going nuts #-o

Hope I can finish this recording on time :D

javier