The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:49 am 
City Slicker

Recently I decided to sell my 16g to a friend with the hope of sharing files with him after my new purchase of a 1600. However, after reading various posts on compat issues im beginning to wonder if it is a good idea to let it go. Furthermore, i want to restore songs i did on the g (scenes, etc) and work a bit more on them...but as it seems, scene memories and settings are not imported....bah:-(. I am in the process of backing up everything in both AW16 and AW2816 formats...i know the AW28 can be imported into the 1600 raw.
Is there absolutely no way of importing scenes for songs that were created on the g? If the answer is no then i am bitterly disappointed at this issue...Yamaha why oh why oh why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:28 pm 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Machine type: AW1600
I just upgraded myself and am really upset (to use a G-rated word) with Yamaha that they didn't provide for fully importing an AW16G song to the 1600. A major screwup on their part and a slap in the face to prior customers.

Then the fact that you can only get one song per disc in the 2816 format makes it even worse. I have a big stack of discs with one song per disc I transferred to the 1600.

On any major song I intend to enter by hand the effects and scenes to recreate fully what was in the G (ughh).

Having spent many years programming, I'm pretty sure that with some very moderate effort on their part they could have fully imported a G song. After all, the two units are pretty much the same as far as effects, etc.

I'm sure they've have many complaints on this issue. However, since their last software upgrade for the 1600 was over a year ago. I'm guessing they will do nothing about it.

After I simmer down about this issue in the coming months I know I'll really be happy with the USB capability of the 1600. That's the reason I got it.

I feel your pain,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:12 am 
City Slicker

grrrrrrrr! I can only hope my friend can put up with me visiting more often to the early hours. Then again i might just ditch the 1600 idea and go and buy a PC based outfit...seems kinda stupid for me to have sold the G and then buy the 1600 to be faced with this irritation:-( Annoying...and im sure probably intentional on Yamaha`s part....why oh why oh why