The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Recording To Computer.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:53 pm 
City Slicker

Hi all.

I believe that I posed this question at the old AW16G forum, many moons ago. But I cannot remember how it may have been responded to - or even if it had been addressed, at that time. But, anyway, here is my situation:

As some of you may know, I am the very proud owner of an AW1600, now, and I am enjoying it immensely. However, I now wish to change the manner of my current workflow. I have the MotifES, outfitted with Yamaha's mLAN16e, and I wish to integrate my AW1600 into the chain. Up until now, I had been fine with recording my backing tracks on the ES; bringing them into the 1600's 'Transport' folder; singing my vocals into the 1600, and pulling them out of the 'Transport' folder so that the files could be further worked on the PC. Since I am going to wind up with my work in the PC - anyway - I would really like to be able to record my backing tracks directly into Cubase, then (some kinda way) have my AW1600 hooked up in such a 'remote' way that would permit me to add my vocals (into the 1600) while my tracks are playing back from Cubase. I could then just take those vocals, from the AW's 'Transport' folder, and copy them into the appropriate audio track(s) set up in my DAW program. I hope that I am making some kinda sense, here :). If I am, please steer me to how to go about it.

Advanced thanks.

Nathan
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:22 pm 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
you can use your ES sequencer to remotely run the 1600 and the software.

Will that get you in the ballpark?

BTW how do you like the mlan add on your ES ?

msg

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:59 pm 
City Slicker

mrskygod wrote:
you can use your ES sequencer to remotely run the 1600 and the software.

Will that get you in the ballpark?

BTW how do you like the mlan add on your ES ?

msg

MSG ~ Thanks very much. I have a bit of researching to do now (learning how to set such a thing up), but at least I know that it can be achieved.

As far as the mLAN16e is concerned, all I can say is that I am not using it to its fullest potential. That thing is a monster to set up, and I might still be in a pickle with it - were it not for a good friend of mine who recently visited, from the Netherlands. He happened to be quite familiar with the MotifES/mLAN16e/Cubase marriage. He really did get me up and running - at least with enough knowledge to help me get to my manner of workflow. Even for the limited way in which I use it, I can honestly say that it was well worth its purchase price - ALIWFM (at least it was for me) :) .

Nathan
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:20 pm 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
yeah , Yamaha calls the ES / 16G-1600 marriage "Motif studio". You can also run the ES sequencer remotely from the 1600 as well.

I looked into the mlan deal but I didn't have a software program nor the desire to learn it. The thing was a pretty pricey option so I sunk my money in maxing out the sample memory and three plug boards.

msg

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.