The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 am 
Newbie of the Decade

Machine type: AW1600
HI there.
I had a major disaster and I wonder of you could help me.I had the power go out During a vital session and it was just after I replaced the hard disk and forgot to enable "autosave"
I did the session..was playing back the tracks and WHAM..out goes the power. I turn the unit back on and NO TRACKS..well I nearly friggin died I must say.
SO , me being a computer tech and realizing that if i played the tracks before the power wenT off,then they must be there...well NO!!..so I hooked the unit up to my pc and ran Active UNdelete and I see my waves!!!!!!!
SO i get all excited and restore them to my PC drive, click on a wave expecting to hear a normal track. Well it was a live off the floor session of a 3 piece act so I had $ drum mics and a DI for bass and a miced cab..so 6 tracks. Normally you would have a different instrument on each track but instead..i have broken up second long samples of each input on each track...almost like the AW1600 is striping the info anongst tracks then reassembling the tracks on playback. Can you help me get these damn tracks back to normal wave files? What the hell is Yamaha doing to makew them this way. I am assuming its some kind of strategy to keep the disk fast and speed up access?!?!
I need these files corrected...how do I do it.
Please help
Thanks a million
Progdrums

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:30 am 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
In the future , please post only once to the appropriate section , there is no need for multiple posts as yours will appear when a user clicks the View New Posts area.

Thanks , You are forgiven.

msg

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]