The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:30 pm 
Dude

I have been using pretty much the same set up for ages, simply using vocal Mike in input 1 recording to track 1 then another Mike in input 2 , track 2 for recording acoustic guitar and recording live, no problem. For some reason I am now only getting a weak signal on the guitar Mike and on playback it is fading almost to nothing. I have tried changing mikes , batteries, leads but no joy. I have been playing around with eq a bit but then I have zeroed everything so it shouldn't be having an effect unless there is something blocking the signal. Could it be that my disk is nearly full and it is going into overload? Can you restore the aw1600 to its factory settings? Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:59 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
I would suspect that the volume on the offending tracks has somehow been altered. Go to the VIEW screen for each track and input and see if the ATT (attenuation) knob has been adjusted. ( you also see this adjustment wheel on the EQ screen) there will be an answer to you situation that is AW based, not mic, lead etc.

Get back if the ATT is not your problem.

You can re format, but that is a last step if you need to keep what is on the HD.

Also in the Scenes menu there is an initial setting recall. But ther are a few things that are not recalled with this. I think that ATT of the stereo track is not recalled for e.g.. Perhaps the other ATT on inputs and tracks too. ??? I would have to bench test that to be certain. I will do that later.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 pm 
Dude

Thanks for info, I think I have somehow rectified it, went through a bit of a process of elimination, I reset the eq to factory settings, deleted some songs that I didn't need from the hd, yes I did check some if the att settings to see if they had been changed but they seemed OK. I have noticed the channel 2 fader seems to have got a bit of a contact issue I.e if you touch the fader the signal strength goes on and off , maybe some dust has got in the contact or something. I also read that others optimise their songs a lot so I have done that as well, thanks again for reply.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Optimizing will have no affect on the signal strength. Neither will the amount of data on the HD. The EQ on inputs will have an impact. but not the EQ on tracks. Make sure you looking a meters pre fader to get the most accurate reading..

A bad fader may affect the level, but the default setting for the faders is to control tracks, not inputs. So if your bad fader shows up as poor meter level, you are looking at a track signal. Unless you have done a fader flip (on the preference screen) the only way to see the actual levels of inputs is on the view screen for the individual inputs, or on the screen that shows a picture of all the virtual faders for the inputs. On the Track VIEW for each input, make sure that ATT dial on left side of View signal chain is a 0 db and also that the volume dial at right end of signal chain at 0 db too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 am 
Dude

Ok that is great advice thank you, I will run checks as suggested.