The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:46 pm 
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru

Favourite food: the edible kind
Machine type: AW16G
:) I'm happy it works again. If i go recording i always take a spare with me. They are reliable but not miracle devices so you never know.

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:22 am 
Dude

Machine type: AW1600
Too good to be true back to the blank green screen!
was ok for couple of weeks the only left it not used for couple of days and back to blank green screen
This time if i get it going then find a local music store that might exchange or buy it, dont really want to sell it on ebay for some other poor bugger to have problem
pile of crap! I might get another cheap 2nd hand aw16g to sync together with my other 16g, apart from the usb handy file exchange dont rate this machine at all ,never had a problem with the 16g

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:08 am 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: Hot and Fatty
Is there an internal battery ?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:46 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
scan this board and you will not find many unhappy 1600 users. If it works intermittently, sounds like it may be a contact that is dirty or oxidized. I think Ralph (Hogtime) suggested this a while back. Too bad yours is not working, but I would buy another 1600 before i bought a G, if only for the USB.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:53 pm 
Dude

cheers, is there anyone on here who actually knows a a bit about repairs or what could possibly be wrong rather than "well mine works ok" do you work for yamaha haha
Ive searched the whole forum for different things and apart from an ide to sata drive conversion nobody actually knows much about how these things work or fixes

Does anyone repair electronics or have a clue where to start "the fact that theres little info on here about malfunctions" type of thing really doesnt help does it

"too bad yours doesnt work" is really about as much use as a 1 legged man in an arse kicking competition :)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:24 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
I understand your frustration. Sorry I can't help you myself. I tried to suggest what Ralph had mentioned about contacts. Any plugs that can be disconnected (at the HD, to the screen etc.) would be good to clean up with contact cleaner. That is where i would start.

Sorry for your trouble. It is very frustrating to have music in your heart and head, but the having your hardware fail so you can't make the recording.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:50 pm 
Dude

I found a yamaha aw1600 service manual on the internet i dont think ive seen on here before? 20.6mb

theres a few tips and diagnostic things i can try but i need to give it to someone with electronic know how, im not getting a response with anything ive tried from it so far but it might be of use to someone else

I dont think its going to be worth paying a proper yamaha dealer to fix as it'll cost more than its worth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:02 am 
Dude

I got it on again yesterday i know its nothing to do with the hard drive but i used boot and nuke to totally wipe the drive anyway and by chance i got a response whdn i turned it on instead of total blank screen so loaded os back on and ok again, it will be ok as long as i turn it on once a day which sounds stupid but to someo e into electronics this might help them diagnose something?
Its a shame but while its going ive got to see if i can offload it to a music store but they often want you to exchange it for something else and im not really after anything!
Dont really want to admit it but i bought another aw1600 today aswell for 200 quid in fantastic condition and i dont think had any use, im praying that nothing goes wrong with this one! Surely i cant be that unlucky
i loaded some wavs into every track ok and recorded a quick few seconds on every track and input and all seemed ok!
The faders were still stiff like its never been used and the film protective cover on screen so hopefully be as good and long lasting as my 16g, if not the next youl heat from me is on the 10 o clock news "man found with head in oven surrounded by a pile of broken yamaha machines"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:02 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Congrats on the 1600, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

It's basically the same machine as a G with a few extra's, and it's probably a few years younger than the other machine was. Well done!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating