The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:14 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: chicken kungpo
Machine type: AW1600
Hi I got a Zoom R16 and was recording a few songs of my band at the weekend it became a bit glitchy on some of the songs it might have been the SD card any way for the next session I am going to take my AW1600 but I need the songs I have recorded with the zoom onto the AW as I need to add vocals and also do other songs.
I have had the AW for some time but never used it but pleased I kept it after the problem (might be the card I have an other one to try) with the zoom so far I have updated the the OS on the AW also exported the demo song to the transport folder then managed to import the tracks into Cubase without a hitch so hopefully I will have no problems recording and transfering to my PC but I just can not get the songs I made with my Zoom to import I am copying one song at a time to the transfer folder but when I try and load it from the song menu on the AW the song is not there and I have 7 of them to get acrosss. The AW is set up for 16bit as is the Zoom I have looked at the manuel but am none the wiser I have tried to import i track at a time by importing as a wave I can listen to it but just can not import.

So if someone give me a numpties guide on how to import a song I would be very happy.

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Yes you put it into the transport folder of the AW. But it is not in the song list yet. You have to create a new song (project) on the AW. Then, as you have that new song as the current song, you go to EDIT and scroll to import. A list should appear of wavs in the transport folder. Choose our target and execute the import. You will have to specify AW track numbers , etc.

Bit depthis important. 24 bit files will not show in the transport folder, if your current song is 16 bit. Vice versa is true also.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:19 am 
Dude

Hi

Thanks Byron the AW1600 does not have an import option in the edit menu but I have managed to get the songs loaded by making a new song then going to track/Wav import and importing each track of the song one at a time then went and re named the song and saved it its a bit tedious but it worked :wink:

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:07 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Sorry I sent you to the edit menu. What you did under the track button is what i should have told you. Same procedure, but i quoted the wrong button. track, not edit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:45 am 
Dude

No problem Byron you put me on the right track (no pun intended) and got me out of a fix and even better saved me from disparaging remarks from our vocalist's :wink: