The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:25 pm 
City Slicker

Favourite food: curry
Machine type: AW1600
After several months of not using my AW1600 I started to delete several songs.. on the third song my machine locked up totally, the indicator wheel stopped turning and no matter what I try disconecting power etc. nothing changes, it seems I have a serious problem.
Would appreciate any suggestions .. Thanks...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hi Ron,

I mailed you with a few options, but they are all options that would make sense to try on an aw16g. Given the fact you have an aw1600, there may be more options using the usb connection. I'll leave that to the experts.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
I don't think the USB connect is of any use in this situation. The instruction to link via USB is controlled from a screen on the AW, and if you can't see that screen you can't instruct the connection.

What key is it you push during powering up to get the splash screen that informs you of your firmware version. Is it the utility button? Perhaps this would jolt the machine out of the loop in which it stuck???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
In a pm, Ron wrote

daks wrote:
If I unplug the power and start up in other than 'song' it works but once I go to song and total lock-up the little wheel stopped rotating I get a panel word 'progress' in shade and 'collect song list'.

So the machine can get in a state where it works... it freezes after accessing that particular song. Did I understand that correctly, Ron? In that case, usb might give options.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:07 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Yes, if you can get to the USB connect screen, you may be able to see the two partitions of the HD on your PC or Mac. Their display is not dependent on the Song list. Sounds as if the list, or an entry on the list, may be corrupted.

If you can get to the USB connect, open either of the AW partitions and then open the Song folder that resides there. Your projects will be there. Drag and drop the .AWS files to your PC. Once you have saved what you want, open the other pertition and do the same with the Songs residing there.

At that point you may want to reformat your machine. The saved songs can be dragged back into the folders after the reformat. If you are systematic, you may be able to figure out which Song is causing the corruption, as you rebuild the Song folders with the projects you choose to reinstall.