The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

Favourite food: pasta
Machine type: AW1600
Hi
I'm trying to import files into the AW1600 and for some reason after i follow all the commands the file name is showing in the WAV IMP page but i can not access the individual tracks. These files are 32bit and taken from a protools session. I then tried using Audacity to lower the songs to 16bit, this worked but its only now showing the first file in the folder when I transfer to the WAV IMP page again. I think this is something to do with the files being Audacity labeled WAVs. Just wondering if there is an easier solution to getting the tracks transfered onto the AW1600? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:03 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hi Repoman,

I can't exactly follow the procedure you did, but make sure you use the export function in Audacity to create a wav file. These are quite different from the actual project files that Audacity uses when working on a project.

You also have to make sure that the export settings are correct: 16 or 24 bit (make sure the project in the AW1600 has the same setting) and 44.1 kHz. (edit/preferences/quality). If you create wav files with different bit depths or sample frequencies the AW1600 won't take them.

I hope this helps.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:07 am 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Machine type: AW1600
First, the AW1600 can't use 32 bit files, just 16 or 24. Ironically, though, a 24 bit file is actually held internally as a 32 bit file and if you export it to the Transport folder it's 32 bit. Is this how you ended up trying 32 bit? Note: I never tried an import of a 32 bit, so I'm doing some educated guessing here.

If your AW song was created in 16 bit, then it will only show the WAV files in the Transport folder for EDIT-IMPORT that are 16 bit. Likewise, with 24 bit.

Repo on,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:44 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Doesn't sound quite right to me. Perhaps you are aware that the import list can show both individual files and folders. The folders must be opened to see the files contained within. Your second post suggested you know this already.

As Ralph (Hog) said, the internal structure of the machine is 32 bit. Perhaps this is the source of some confusion. Did you purposefully create 32 bit wavs for some reason? You don't often hear of users working in 32 bit resolution. I am surprised that such files even appear in the import list, as the list for a 16 bit song excludes 24 bit files that may exist in the Transport folder. Likewise a 24 bit song structure does not recognize 16 bit files that reside in the transport folder.

If indeed you have created 32 bit WAVs, use an Editor program ( I use WAVLAB) to alter the bit rate and try again. I am not sure that Audacity would sign the files in such a way as to make them inaccesible ???? I think you may have omitted something in your attempt, as you said one of the files you converted did in fact show. Can you see the rest of those files on your PC when you have the Transport opened for viewing in "My Computer", as the 1600 is connected via USB? Any 16 bit file you can see within the transport folder should be visible on the 1600's import list, when working within a 16 bit song structure.

Try again and let us know how it goes.