The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:58 am 
Welcome to the Forum!

Favourite food: texmex
Machine type: AW1600
I purchased a used AW1600. I've been reading about hard drive and I keep reading about the Yamaha CD ROM.

I'm looking an OCW 250 GB SSD / PATA adapter drive kit.

My question is can you drop a new drive and will the machine see the new drive and prompt you to format the drive like a computer?

Has anyone used any software to clone the internal drive and drop a copy on a new drive? With Mac's it is interesting because most drive software is more concerned about backing up Mac Drive not
external drive to external drive. If anyone has a suggestion on clone software to backup internal drive over USB I would appreciate that.

I'm pretty handy with the hardware part, but the several thread I have read mention the Yamaha CD ROM that came with the unit but I don't see how that CD is used unless there is an OS file that loads and does the actual formating.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:44 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Here is a quote from pg 168 of the manual. It refers to use of the Format icon shown on screen when the Utility button found on the 1600 is engaged.

Not sure it this is of help to you, but it would seem to indicate that the machine has capacity to deal with HD formatting on its own.

The Cd rom contain samples that are loaded for use with the 4 Pads. You will not get those back with a reformat. also that Cd has templates for use when the machine is set to be used as a control surface with othe DAW platforms such as ProTools, Cubase etc. I do not believe it contains the OS, but if it did it would not be the most up to date. I think that is 1.13 ? and can likely be found on the docs page of this forum.

http://www.dijonstock.com/index.php?page=the-docs-page

FORMAT button
Formats (initializes) the internal hard disk. When you
move the cursor to this button and press the [ENTER] key,
the hard disk will be formatted. During execution, a popup
window will indicate the progress. When formatting has
been completed, the popup window will close automatically.