The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: I found the wave!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:09 am 
Dude

Favourite food: Curry
Machine type: AW1600
Here's the scenario. The last solo I tracked, I saved and played it many times on the AW1600. Machine on. Machine off. Many times. Save, save, save. I export everything to computer, wipe hard drive and start again because transport folder was saying it was full when it wasn't. Transport folder seems to be working fine now. When I put my song back on the AW, track 2 guitar solo is missing. But if I look at the Audio folder on my computer, it is there as 154.WAV, 155.Wave, 156.WAV and 157.WAV. I"m guessing these are the raw files that are not time coded. Any idea how to get them back into the song and have them be in the proper place without having to line them up with a software program? Thanks so much!

Post subject: Re: I found the wave!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:26 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
If they are indeed the files then they would go to the transport > then import USB wav > song - at a specified time in import dialog. You could put them into the transport while USB connected via a drag-drop with both the Audio folder of the project and the transport folder open on your desk top at the same time.

If the files begin at the count in to the project it will be easy to place, as the time will be 0:00. If the solo is a segment ( which i am guessing it may be), I would listen to my project and stop the playback as close to the entry as possible. Then use the jog button to isolate the exact time at which you need to insert. Do not forget that the jog can be listened to in both pre and post ( to the time) modes (preference menu- monitor button on 1600 i think). If you have not used the jog in this way it is a bit confusing at first, but you will get the hang of it. Listen for the sound (or silence just before a sound) and use the pre post switch to listen for the tell tale "tic" (or lack there of) indicating the sample you need to isolate. Make a marker at that place for easy return later/again. Then import to a vacant track(s) at that marker via USB wav import (EDIT menu)

If you did the project on a click, then it is quite likely you could use the bars and measures to quickly accomplish the insert.

Keep us informed of your progress. Hope we get to hear the work when accomplished.

any ides how the transport became operational after your difficulties?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:58 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Curry
Machine type: AW1600
Well, i think wiping the hard drives a few times did it. Thanks for the tip of importing the solo pieces. No idea how that solo got separated from the rest of the song. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:14 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Perhaps that solo is not separated at all but was recorded on a virtual track?? Check that the track you suspect it should be on is not currently set to an empty virtual track???