The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Italian
Machine type: AW1600
2 Used AW1600's in hand, neither had the TOOLS CD. I've searched far and wide, contacted Yamaha, tried other Forums and was led to this group. I've read many posts on the topic, but it hasn't seemed to be addressed to have access yet. I'm hoping someone has the original disk, can make a copy [if that's possible with copyright, etc..]. I feel that this is necessary to restore to factory condition, including libraries, all the Samples and Demo song to start as new.

Cubase would be nice as well, but not sure if it's still relevant after 13 years. If it is still useable for testing templates, this would be helpful to get off the ground smoothly.

I'm one of those that cherish having all the original accessories that shipped when the AW1600 was new. Any startup disks [in case of HDD crash, etc....are important. Nothing I've found in the manual explains how to restore the operating system when a replacement HDD is required.....they only say do not open, use Yamaha Service, etc - none are viable options at this age of machine. DIY all the way. I do see the HDD video for reference]

[D3200's ask user to save operating system to CD as 1st defense, and allows HDD, or crashes to be recovered without issue...….what's the logic behind Yamaha's system being only available on the original HDD - they don't mention how to backup the actual base operating system - they assume the machine contains a basic operating system menu as intact then goes on from there. Is there something burned on a machine chip with the starting menu ?] Thank You, Ron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Someone here has that CD. Here is the Doc's page over at dijonstock.com. See if there's anything HERE for you.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 pm 
Dude

Hello again. I've downloaded all 1600 files. The AW1600 TOOLS CD is not one of the options. I took the AW16 Demo, a nice Disk Image ISO file, and successfully burned it to a CDR. It contains the Templates [Logic, Sonar and Cubase] and a File AW_00000.16G, which appears to be the Demo Song for the 16G.

There are No Samples Library, operating system files, etc.....but was happy to know this ISO format was successful, if someone can make an ISO of the AW1600 full TOOLS CD. I should be able to burn it as one complete work. [the AW1600 section is welcome, but limited to upgrade 1.13, USB driver, and Templates]
Does anyone have the FULL CHEESE ?? Need an ISO image of the unopened CHEESE [red wax intact] ….. when I have that I can turn to a glass of wine and relax a bit. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 am 
Dude

wolf1419 wrote:
Hello again. I've downloaded all 1600 files. The AW1600 TOOLS CD is not one of the options. I took the AW16 Demo, a nice Disk Image ISO file, and successfully burned it to a CDR. It contains the Templates [Logic, Sonar and Cubase] and a File AW_00000.16G, which appears to be the Demo Song for the 16G.

There are No Samples Library, operating system files, etc.....but was happy to know this ISO format was successful, if someone can make an ISO of the AW1600 full TOOLS CD. I should be able to burn it as one complete work. [the AW1600 section is welcome, but limited to upgrade 1.13, USB driver, and Templates]
Does anyone have the FULL CHEESE ?? Need an ISO image of the unopened CHEESE [red wax intact] ….. when I have that I can turn to a glass of wine and relax a bit. LOL

The successful AW16G Demo ISO burned fine to CD (reads on computer drive). I was hoping it contained Demo+Sample library per manual, and I could Restore sample library at worst case. The AW1600 unable to read the AW16G CD to pick the Sample library - failed]…. working on an alternatives to these issues next.

Thank You all for the effort. Anyone still active that uses the AW1600 …. ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:06 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: home made tortillas
Machine type: AW4416
Anyone still active that uses the AW1600 …. ?[/quote]

hi wolf

currently setup with 2 aw4416's ..... cannot assist with tools ...

same "wolf" from tascam sx1's ?

mark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:15 pm 
Dude

hudrodguy wrote:
Anyone still active that uses the AW1600 …. ?

hi wolf

currently setup with 2 aw4416's ..... cannot assist with tools ...

same "wolf" from tascam sx1's ?

mark[/quote]

AW4416's are serious technology ahead of it's time w/o tools [archived demo, sample library, etc]. Congrats on those beauties...….AW1600's were sweet budget models [AW2400's very nice] to end the Era, but good stuff for low $., very useable for my projects [also 2 Korg D3200's in the studio - nice pricepoint machines as well. 2005 was the beginning of the end for the all-in-one hardware based machines, based on cost analysis. [DAW's won the battle]. Our machines all have plenty of HP and can still swap files with DAW's, whenever we choose [USB on the last breeds simplified this, while still maintaining Full Midi easy communication with older hardware - that was the "balance point", then "poof".....the big players quit]. Yamaha is either $$$$ interface/mixers or tiny $interfaces - the $$ middle fell out.

No, I'm a different Wolf [I'm the grandfather wolf] old 2" analog guy back to voice, playing and recording Solo. Nice to meet you. Thanks, Ron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:37 am 
Dude

Thanks to members, and especially the PM I received today, I'm no longer in search for Tools.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:03 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Gratz! Enjoy that Yammie!

rz-land

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:36 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello, I have purchased an AW1600 but it came without the CD Rom, can anyone send me an ISO image, Please?
Thanks in advance for your attention.
All the best
Angelo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:15 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hi Angelo,

http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/aw1600v113_e_win.zip

Is this of any use to you?

cheers R

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:49 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

Robbie wrote:
Hi Angelo,

http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/aw1600v113_e_win.zip

Is this of any use to you?

cheers R

Hi Robbie,
thanks but that's the firmware update, I'm searching for the Tools CD with Drum Samples and Utilities...
If you have any clue on how to grab a copy please let me know...
Happy New Year!