The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: bathroom keyboars
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 pm 
Review Guru

Favourite food: Vegetable Lasagne
Machine type: AW16G
i have a tune that uses kind of a rhodsey patch on a korg wavestation ex..it's called(the patch) "northern lights"
just got a sustain pedal, too so i can milk it's nice pad faintly in the background.
anyway, i was thinking of recording it direct into my AW and also record it with bathroom tone with a pair of cheap pc spekers set up in my bathtub by using a medium gain zoom stereo mic(that toy we raved about 6-7 weeks ago); the stereo mic would be set up somehow "SOMEHOW" in the tub with the cheap pc speax set to a modest level and the keyboard sound direct would be just that. maybe play a little tug of war and pay-doh the finished sound between the two.

its just this patch (northern lights) has a percussive "glass" sound and also an organy sound and im just wondering if this is just as pretentious as it may sound to set all this up. I know the tune like the back of my hand now and it deserves royal treatment(as royal as I can make it, anyway considering I'm not a high roller and can't afford a lot of xpensive outbaors gear and mics at this juncture of my life yet.

actually, im not sure if this is a question as much as a rant again but...I guess I want to attain the best possible sound of this patch and really take this song to the top end.
the keyboard work will be the primary mover of the tune and will cover the bass notes with maybe only light orchestral accents and lead clean guitar bending and sliding around it to give it some more character.

if anyone has any ideas or even more pretentious set-ups, please share as I'm not looking forward to being overly distracted with the ridiculous set up this will require, especially since water and electricity dont mix well, or so im told. 8)

Post subject: Re: bathroom keyboars
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:17 pm 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
Interesting idea to say the least. i'm sure you thought of draining the water out first.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.