The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:51 pm 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: cold milk
Machine type: AW4416
Wow! i just got the B's Knees and Vintage Keys and got a chance to load them up last nite.

The vintage keys is really nice. I am not a major Rhodes geek, but these sound and play SO much better than any of the stuff that comes with the MOTIF_XS, so i am glad i bought Vintage Keys. i am a 96 Tears and 60's guy who was drooling over a Farfisa and Vox Continental when i was 13, so this is very cooL !!

B's Knees is chalked full of GREAT organs! i really like the nasty crunchy ones! i was impressed how little time it took me to load them up and check them out. i am getting around the XS pretty good these days.

surely i will admit that ADSR is not my thing. and this is the beauty of the MOTIF_XS, you don't have to know ADSR. you can load toys into the ROMpler and just play music, BUT if you need or desire to tweak something, you can! this is the power of the XS versus arranger keyboards that are much easier to learn out of the box. now with over 2 years of XS under my belt, its like typing on the workstation keys. the MOTIF_XS uses MontaVista Linux for its OS, and although there are a few very short delays in screen refreshes that folks complain about, it IS minimal. i know there are longer delays in some of the 4416 screen swaps, but i surely won't lose any sleep over that.

so far, i can highly recommend Keyfax's: Pulse, Vintage Keys and B's Knees.

HHNET